Hybrid View

1. #1 Actor Danny Glover tells students 2nd Amendment was created to protect slavery 
    By Timothy Dionisopoulos, on Jan 18, 2013

The Constitution's Second Amendment was created to bolster slavery and capture land from Native Americans, award winning actor Danny Glover told a group of students at a Texas A&M sponsored event on Thursday.

“I don’t know if you know the genesis of the right to bear arms,” he said. “The Second Amendment comes from the right to protect themselves from slave revolts, and from uprisings by Native Americans.”

“A revolt from people who were stolen from their land or revolt from people whose land was stolen from, that’s what the genesis of the second amendment is,” he continued.

Glover, best known for roles in the “Lethal Weapon” franchise and “Angels in the Outfield,” was addressing students at an event being held in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
    More idiocy>http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4582
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Like my momma says: You don't have to act like what they call you.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Man!!! Thank God Danny is around to tell us these things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

4. #4 Re: Actor Danny Glover tells students 2nd Amendment was created to protect slavery 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    By Timothy Dionisopoulos, on Jan 18, 2013

The Constitution's Second Amendment was created to bolster slavery and capture land from Native Americans, award winning actor Danny Glover told a group of students at a Texas A&M sponsored event on Thursday.

“I don’t know if you know the genesis of the right to bear arms,” he said. “The Second Amendment comes from the right to protect themselves from slave revolts, and from uprisings by Native Americans.”

“A revolt from people who were stolen from their land or revolt from people whose land was stolen from, that’s what the genesis of the second amendment is,” he continued.

Glover, best known for roles in the “Lethal Weapon” franchise and “Angels in the Outfield,” was addressing students at an event being held in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
    More idiocy>http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4582
    It's getting to the point where I can't watch the. Lethal Weapon movies anymore. Glover is a bigoted radical idiot. Mel Gibson is a bigoted, violent drunk. Between the two of them, you almost want to root for the bad guys.

It says a lot about Hollywood that Mel is a pariah while Glover is still getting work. In a sane world, they'd both be kicked to the curb.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

WHy do i get this strange feeling they are going to push this narrative throughout the MSM? Just to delegitimize the 2nd?
    Last edited by Bailey; 01-19-2013 at 10:42 AM.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Can that man say anything that doesn't involve race? Jackson Lee is the same way. That woman has racism on the brain.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Glover's best scene was probably in "Lonesome Dove" when the Indian ran him through with a spear.

But given his early background, nothing more could be expected. His parent were early activists in NAACP, he worked as a community organizer, and was active in the Black Students Union, called George W a racist, and on and on.

He's an opinionated dingbat, nothing more.

Fabulous Poster
    This is probably a pre-emptive strike in the media to the meme that gun control was conceived to keep guns out of the hands of blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Glover's best scene was probably in "Lonesome Dove" when the Indian ran him through with a spear.

But given his early background, nothing more could be expected. His parent were early activists in NAACP, he worked as a community organizer, and was active in the Black Students Union, called George W a racist, and on and on.

He's an opinionated dingbat, nothing more.
    Don't forget that other Rhodes scholar, Samuel L Jackson. What makes these ignorant Hollywood types think that they can make these great readjustments to history? Their interpretations leave more than a little to desire.

But Colin Powell has become a great disappointment. I thought he had more substance.

Tonight Mike Huckabee had an opening dissertation on character in relation to Lance Armstrong. He basically said what good does it do if we teach our kids to be smart, to evade situations, to make lots of money if they have absolutely no character nor concept of right and wrong.

Colin Powell should know better. He obviously is licking Obama's boots. A man of substance wouldn't do that. He shouldn't keep saying that he is a Republican. He isn't.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"