1. #1 MPs call for doctors to record the sex of aborted foetuses 
    Doctors should be forced to record the sex of aborted foetuses after it emerged that illegal terminations on gender grounds could be taking place in the UK, MPs have said.

By Peter Dominiczak, Political Correspondent

2:01PM GMT 18 Jan 2013

There have been calls for an inquiry after minister disclosed that birth rates for girls and boys vary noticeably according to where their mothers were born.

It was the first official statistical evidence potentially backing up concerns that sex-selection abortions are being carried out in Britain.

Fiona Bruce, the Conservative MP for Congleton, has tabled an early day motion which calls on the Department of Health to ensure the data of aborted foetuses is reported “so that statistical evidence of crime cannot be hidden”.

The early day motion was also signed by Jim Dobbin, the Labour MP for Heywood and Middleton.

Lord Alton of Liverpool, a crossbench peer and former MP who campaigns against abortion, said the Government “should take note of the welcome news that MPs from both sides of the Commons have joined forces to call for an end to the Department of Health's refusal to collect data on sex selection abortions”
    Read More>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-foetuses.html

They are saying a nonviable mass of tissue has a sex and it is illegal to exterminate too many nonviable tissue masses of the same sex?
    They are acting like these were living babies before they were killed. This kind of thinking shows them guiltier all the time for their choices to commit premeditated murder.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Did you catch that whole first sentence? They don't just want to record the gender of the fetus, they also want to record the birthplace of the mother.

It looks like the British are trying to prove that women born in the UK are not having abortions for sex-selection reasons, or the converse, that women who are currently UK citizens but were born elsewhere are having sex-selection abortions.

Sex selective abortions have already dealt China a death blow. Like a pig through a python, the final result has not yet been revealed, but the math shows a disaster in the making which cannot be reversed.

It's a dangerous practice and the results can be catastrophic.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Sex selective abortions have already dealt China a death blow. Like a pig through a python, the final result has not yet been revealed, but the math shows a disaster in the making which cannot be reversed.

It's a dangerous practice and the results can be catastrophic.
    Often when the order of nature is broken no one has to punish the transgressors.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    I think there is a legitimate concern when invasive cultures add to or replace an artifact which devalues females. Yes, I understand the meme, ie "They're upset about the reasons but not the abortions per se." However, given that abortion is legal and that that isn't likely to change it doesn't alter the concern about the cultural artifact of valuing males over females to be toxic.

And if we want to discuss the natural order of things, it's turning nature on its head to have males in a majority. Herd beasts only need one male to a harem. Excess males can reasonably be predicted to be a precursor to crime, violence, and war.

Having said all that, if China wants to uniform and arm its 3 million male surplus and send them over the river and through the woods to Iran I would be entirely too busy doing my nails to complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Often when the order of nature is broken no one has to punish the transgressors.
    I think that is about as accurate a statement as can be made.

The birth rate - that is, the number of children a woman can expect to bear in her lifetime - has now slipped below the rate at which zero growth can be expected in every single industrial country. That rate is 2.0.

In other words the population growth of countries that make a difference will now stop. Russia has already reversed; they are at 142 million people, down from 148. China will soon reverse; Japan has reversed; America will soon reverse except for our immigrants - a 'problem' neither China nor Russia has.

Is this bad? Could be. It depends to what degree the non-producers of the world feel disenfranchised and what actions they take to get their 'fair share'.

But what I am saying is that most of the articles about population explosion are written by journalists who know little of the subject. Journalists do the obvious: They look back 25, and 50 years at the population and make the logical - to them - mathematical calculation to show that the world's population will double in so many years. And demographers do not make that mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

Having said all that, if China wants to uniform and arm its 3 million male surplus and send them over the river and through the woods to Iran I would be entirely too busy doing my nails to complain about it.

LOL.