Hybrid View

1. #1 Cardinals Hall of Famer Stan Musial dies at age 92 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    RIP
    May the FORCE be with you!

At the very end of the article, they said that Stan's wife died in May 2012. They had been married since shortly after he graduated from high school. He had to be lost without Lilian, as Stan had Alzheimer's.

At any rate, Stan has always been a hero. He was a decent and honorable man who did heroic things.

In an age when Lance Armstrong is unrepentent about his cheating, Musial stands out as a humble man who did great things both on and off the field.

I met Stan at several baseball banquets. He was kind to the fans. He indeed did carry little signed pictures of himself. I received one of those pics. I didn't know til I read this article that he was told to give out those cards by his buddy, John Wayne.

He also always carried his harmonica in his pocket and would whip it out and play it. He enjoyed his life after finishing baseball. He kept up his friendships with fellow players.

He was a man who earned the title "Stan the Man". If only there were more men like him.

RIP, Stan. You were a good man and one hell of a ballplayer.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Earl Weaver died as well. 2 hall of famers in one day. Sad day for baseball.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.