Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 girl, 5, suspended for threatening to shoot girl with soapy bubbles 
    Pennsylvania girl, 5, suspended for threatening to shoot girl with pink toy gun that blows soapy bubbles

By Edmund DeMarche

Published January 19, 2013

FoxNews.com
    A 5-year-old Pennsylvania girl who told another girl she was going to shoot her with a pink Hello Kitty toy gun that blows soapy bubbles has been suspended from kindergarten.

Her family has hired an attorney to fight the punishment, which initially was 10 days for issuing a 'terroristic threat.' But her punishment was reduced to two days after her mother met with school officials and had the incident dropped to 'threatening to harm another student,' which apparently carries a lesser punishment.

"It's laughable," Robin Ficker, the girl's attorney told FoxNews.com. "This is a girl who had no idea about killing or what happened in Connecticut."
    Read More>
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/19...#ixzz2IR6JNHry
    The teachers involved should be publicly whipped, have idiot tattooed to their foreheads and have any teaching credentials revoked for life.

Last edited by Rockntractor; 01-20-2013 at 01:55 PM.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I can't even fathom the stupidity that is being forced on children by these degenerate products of our teachers unions, posing as educators.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Just imagine if she was caught with that assault like bubble gun and operating a lemonade stand in a pro life t-shirt!!!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I can't even fathom the stupidity that is being forced on children by these degenerate products of our teachers unions, posing as educators.
    I know that everyone can't do what we did (Quaker school and home school) but I would move heaven and earth to do it if I had to do it all over again. I told my sister, "I will deliver pizzas at night and home school in the day time before we send her to (our local elementary school). " I was serious. And it's a shame because generations of local children went there and thousands of local adults have fond memories of that school.

It's not the teachers union that is the problem. It really isn't. It's the politicians, judges, lawyers, civic activists, and ultimately the parents at these schools who put up with all of the crap. If American parents would simply say that they have had enough of these trashed schools, and keep their kids home then something would get done.

I'm still technically on as a substitute where I'm at, but I hardly go. I question whether I shouldn't go back. I can't help but think stupidity like this makes me realize I was right. If I go back, it might be to a private school. Shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I know that everyone can't do what we did (Quaker school and home school) but I would move heaven and earth to do it if I had to do it all over again. I told my sister, "I will deliver pizzas at night and home school in the day time before we send her to (our local elementary school). " I was serious. And it's a shame because generations of local children went there and thousands of local adults have fond memories of that school.

It's not the teachers union that is the problem. It really isn't. It's the politicians, judges, lawyers, civic activists, and ultimately the parents at these schools who put up with all of the crap. If American parents would simply say that they have had enough of these trashed schools, and keep their kids home then something would get done.
    I agree that the problem isn't the teacher's union. Why would they do that?

No, the problem is kids started shooting their classmates years ago, and the school systems don't know what to do about it. They've adopted the zero tolerance policy, which is very anti-common sense. Do they think trying to label a girl a terrorist and threatening to ruin her life is going to make them safer?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I agree that the problem isn't the teacher's union. Why would they do that?

No, the problem is kids started shooting their classmates years ago, and the school systems don't know what to do about it. They've adopted the zero tolerance policy, which is very anti-common sense. Do they think trying to label a girl a terrorist and threatening to ruin her life is going to make them safer?
    The teachers unions make it almost impossible to remove imbeciles from their ranks.

The teachers unions make it almost impossible to remove imbeciles from their ranks.
    In Sarasota County they can't fire teachers---the unions protect them no matter what. Ditto public officials. There was a short piece in the local lib rag about a local official who actually fired a total incompetent who was running one of the local "charities" in Newtown, the minority area. The woman in question allegedly allowed $6k in double billing plus ran her own independent little company that billed the local government. Her penalty? She has another government job and has been offered $75k to satisfy her wrongful dismissal lawsuit.

And we wonder why little pink bubble blowing guns brand kids as terrorists. In Lib Land, there doesn't seem to be much common sense. Common sense is dead.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

However, if said child had yelled "allahu akbar" and pulled the cord on a make believe suicide bomb, nothing would have been done.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I don't have a problem with schools punishing children for bringing squirt guns to school. My school did so, in 1981, long before there were school shootings to worry about. In this case, calling it terroristic is the problem, not suspending the kid for breaking the rules (with a 5 year old, a suspension is more of a punishment for the parents than the kid-and in this case, the parents should have enforced the school's rules).

Squirt guns lead to slips and falls. My high school banned them because they were being used to humiliate students, in particular, female students.