Thread: I Just Cried

1. #1 I Just Cried 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Stupid in it's own right...

Sun Jan 20, 2013, 10:21 AM
    LukeFL

I Just Cried

Last edited Sun Jan 20, 2013, 10:24 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    Like a baby watching Vice President Joe Biden being sworn in. I cried because it just hit me, we escaped watching that dangerous other guy from being sworn in instead. I am so proud of Joe Biden. He really is deserving of his office.

I also cried because of Sotomayor. As a Hispanic myself, what a great honor and avcomplisment this moment was for million of us. I don't know her but seeing her there felt like if it was me up there.

With all its faults and disagrement we may have amongst each other, what an amazing country we live in!

God bless this incredible land.

Did this DUmmie just thank God?????

And then this dipshit showed up again...

Response to quinnox (Reply #3)
    Sun Jan 20, 2013, 01:21 PM
    calimary

28. Yes. It all started and gained respectability with ronald reagan.

That's why I personally despise him SO intensely. Our collective national mindset went straight up our own asses when he got his grubby paws on the reins of power. And because he was such an effective salesman with such a nice, friendly, folksy schtick that everybody loved and bought and embraced and swallowed whole and found to be utterly harmless and wonderful, the toxins were taken in. Easily, smoothly, and without a fight. Even welcomed. He was the new messiah - that would save us from FDR and the New Deal so we could be selfish and ignorant and hopelessly myopic and PROUD of it! And that horrible, selfish, thoroughly un-Christian "philosophy" he espoused and sold to America was rendered wonderful and respectable and desirable as could be. Because, by then, who cared even to remember WHY FDR was needed and WHY the New Deal was devised and implemented. Nobody gave a damn anymore and he made sure nobody felt like they HAD to.

It was like having an unruly, undisciplined, poorly-socialized child, and telling him or her that it's okay to be selfish and not to share your toys, and if you bullied somebody on the playground or pushed them down or snatched away their toy and stomped on it - that this was somehow okay, because for Pete's sake one doesn't dare do ANYTHING that might stifle them and/or fuck with their self-esteem.

He was poison embodied. Like a heaping tablespoon of sugar and honey with arsenic and depleted uranium concealed within. Sure went down the throat easily, though, and tasted mighty good at the time. ronald reagan was the worst thing that's ever happened to this country and its citizens and its mindset and indeed its very view of right and wrong. ronald reagan was worse for America than Osama bin Laden could ever have dreamed of being, on his "best" day.
    What a detestable piece of shit...but of course, it's a DUmmie.
    May the FORCE be with you!

2. #2 OMG... 
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Stupid in it's own right...

Did this DUmmie just thank God?????

And then this dipshit showed up again...

What a detestable piece of shit...but of course, it's a DUmmie.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

3. #3 Re: I Just Cried 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Forgive my language, but the DUmmies are the biggest pu**ies on the planet. They f'ing cry at ANYTHING! I don't recall a single political moment in my life where I was even close to crying. Yet these wimps will cry at the tiniest bit of liberal symbolism.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Forgive my language, but the DUmmies are the biggest pu**ies on the planet. They f'ing cry at ANYTHING! I don't recall a single political moment in my life where I was even close to crying. Yet these wimps will cry at the tiniest bit of liberal symbolism.
    I tear up a bit when Dunedin High School Band plays Scotland The Brave and when the military bands play in parades.

Power CUer
    I guess I'm a wimp, because I remember two political moments when I cried. One was seeing the very young Kennedy children at their father's funeral, because I was eight and I thought it was sad that they had no father. The other was the night the Berlin Wall came down. My husband came home and asked me, worried, what was wrong. As he watched the coverage, he choked up a little, too. We had each been through Checkpoint Charlie to go into east Berlin, and it was overwhelming that suddenly that awful wall was just gone.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I am so proud of Joe Biden. He really is deserving of his office.
    Maybe in 2008 the women folk and some girly men could cry for Barry's first term but there is no way in hell anyone should be crying for Joe Biden. Unless you're crying that he is in office at all, like I am.

Seriously, someone is proud of Joey Boo Boo? The hyena, the dope, the dolt, the dumbest person walking the earth today? Someone has really set the bar too low for themselves.
    Be Not Afraid.

Well, I just gagged.

8. #8 Re: I Just Cried 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I guess I'm a wimp, because I remember two political moments when I cried. One was seeing the very young Kennedy children at their father's funeral, because I was eight and I thought it was sad that they had no father. The other was the night the Berlin Wall came down. My husband came home and asked me, worried, what was wrong. As he watched the coverage, he choked up a little, too. We had each been through Checkpoint Charlie to go into east Berlin, and it was overwhelming that suddenly that awful wall was just gone.
    Now that's a little different, I can kind of understand that. And you are a female. :D
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Didn't you shed a tear when they quit brewing Billy Beer?