Thread: Movie night...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Movie night... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    My folks are gone, dishes all clean so we dug out a DVD we had bought and never watched...

Pretty good and a easy lead in to the Avengers...

Watched it on our big screen with the Sony SS and it was excellent!! We don't use that TV too often and I really don't know why...
    May the FORCE be with you!

We watched Tony Curtis & Natalie Wood in the Great Race
    3hrs long and hilarious.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    We watched Tony Curtis & Natalie Wood in the Great Race
    3hrs long and hilarious.
    TRULY!, funny stuff! I sing that song, Sweetheart Tree, for days after seeing it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    TRULY!, funny stuff! I sing that song, Sweetheart Tree, for days after seeing it.....
    The villains in the show are outstanding!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    We watched another one a couple weeks back with Lucy and Desi called 'the long long trailer' I don't remember seeing this one as a kid and I laughed all the way through it.

I never heard of The Long Long Trailer.

Good comedy is hard to come by. Some of the comedy westerns were great, though, and Lee Marvin could be hilarious. ("Do you know it can rot off??!!")

But as far as comedy goes, "Mad, Mad, Mad World" has got to be on everyone's favorite list. But then you've got to throw in any of the Pink Panther series, which had some of the best sight gags ever made.

It's A Mad, Mad, Mad World is a great movie as is it's most recent copycat Rat Race.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

"Animal House" is my all time favorite for comedy. "The Sacketts", with Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot, is a good choice for a western - about six hours worth. "Lonesome Dove", with Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones, is another good six hour western choice.

But for all day entertainment, get the seven DVD volume Jesse Stone (Tom Selleck) made for TV movie series, or the "Centenial" DVD set with a really super all-star cast.

My 2........

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Centenial sounds like a good buy, if it's the same book that James Michener wrote. I'll look for it.

Speaking of 6 hour entertainment, Pillars of The Earth (Ken Follet) is our favorite, followed by its sequel, World Without End. For those who have not read the book, it's a must read and the movie follows very, very closely. It takes place in 12th century England.

Tonight we are watching Super Cyclone recorded from Sci Fi, this is some serious shit, seriously!