Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 BlackBerry 10 will launch on January 30, RIM says 
    Research In Motion has finally set the date for the launch of its next-generation BlackBerry 10 smartphones.

The embattled smartphone manufacturer said today it would release its newest BlackBerrys on January 30 with multiple events in a global launch. The company will unveil its first two BlackBerry 10 smartphones -- a full touch-screen device and one resembling its current Bold flagship line -- as well as provide more details on the platform.
    BlackBerry 10 represents the company's last, best shot at a turnaround. The once high-flying company was a major player in the smartphone world, but in recent years has seen its market share deteriorate in its home market of North America as Apple and Android smartphones began to dominate.

RIM's smartphones remains a favorite of some corporate users and companies and government agencies who prefer the high security that comes with BlackBerry devices. Still, many traditional BlackBerry users have increasingly turned to iPhones and Android smartphones.

Late last month, RIM said its phones had begun going through testing with 50 global carriers, a key sign of progress for the phones.

"Thanks to our strong partnerships with global carriers and a growing ecosystem of developers, we believe our customers will have the best experience possible with BlackBerry 10," CEO Thorsten Heins said in a statement today. "We are looking forward to getting BlackBerry 10 in the hands of our customers around the world."

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-575...y-30-rim-says/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    They still make Blackberry? I thought that Samsung and Apple pretty much had this market tied up.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    They still make Blackberry? I thought that Samsung and Apple pretty much had this market tied up.

Yes they do.

And despite Samsung and Apple flooding the market...BB still does a healthy business around the world...and they've got Government contracts as well.

Where they lost a lot of people was not updating their software fast enough to keep up with Android and iOS.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

There is no hope for Blackberry. RIM should sell them off and get out while they still have something to show from it. There is no way they will ever be able to compete with the iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, or the new Sony.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I wondered the same thing, I am shocked they are still making them.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

So some of you don't think BlackBerry will make it....

Here's a very small taste of what BlackBerry 10 will be like.

Bigger screen, better resolution, faster processor than the iPhone 5. Fastest browser speed score of any mobile device. Over 100,000 apps at launch. Runs Android ported apps. Rumored price point of $149 / 2 yr. Contract.

This video is from the BlackBerry Jam Americas..on a not nearly finished beta of the BlackBerry 10 OS..from September so the OS is even more polished.

Any other information you want to know, please ask. I write for a well known BlackBerry blog...was January, 2012 BlackBerry Fan of the Month.

I believe the world is in for a surprise on January 30th.. The new BlackBerry OS by QNX will knock people's socks off and take a bite out of the Apple and Android markets.

Check their stock..if was low, low low.. It's up 135%...
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!

7. #7 BlackBerry 10 will launch on January 30, RIM says 
    IMO...a big plus for BB will be if when people switch they get a comfort level with the BB 10 the minute they start using it. Like using the phone they are replacing...only better.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    There is no hope for Blackberry. RIM should sell them off and get out while they still have something to show from it. There is no way they will ever be able to compete with the iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, or the new Sony.
    I couldn't disagree with you more. Sony isn't even going to make third in sales. Notice how Apple's market share has gone down...? They're losing stock value as well.

You're going to see RIM strengthen and take third in sales...a strong third.

1. Android
    2. iOS
    3. RIM
    4. Windows

I predict a good amount of people will go back to BlackBerry when they see what is in the offering.
    No...you can't be on TV.

The sony is an android.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    The sony is an android.
    Yeah..no kidding. But the Sony device isn't going to outsell the BlackBerry Z10 which is the all touch device. You mentioned that there's now way they'll compete with Sony.
    No...you can't be on TV.