Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11  
    Senior Member LukeEDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    2,046
    Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    Yeah..no kidding. But the Sony device isn't going to outsell the BlackBerry Z10 which is the all touch device. You mentioned that there's now way they'll compete with Sony.
    Yeah, I did mention that. Hmmm ... I don't think they will though. Not with Android and IOS being the top ones. Maybe if Blackberry turns to android; it might have a chance.

    I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member newshutr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Yeah, I did mention that. Hmmm ... I don't think they will though. Not with Android and IOS being the top ones. Maybe if Blackberry turns to android; it might have a chance.
    Have you tried any of the new BlackBerry 10 OS on the Dev Alpha devices handed out to developers by RIM? How about the current OS made by QNX on the BlackBerry PlayBook?

    Chances are you may have used a QNX OS in your car if it's equipped with a touch screen.

    If you haven't, there's no way you can just summarily dismiss it without actually seeing it and using it. It's going to take chunks out of Apple and Android.
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member LukeEDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    2,046
    Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    Have you tried any of the new BlackBerry 10 OS on the Dev Alpha devices handed out to developers by RIM? How about the current OS made by QNX on the BlackBerry PlayBook?

    Chances are you may have used a QNX OS in your car if it's equipped with a touch screen.

    If you haven't, there's no way you can just summarily dismiss it without actually seeing it and using it. It's going to take chunks out of Apple and Android.
    Going by the past blackberry's is where I am coming from. I hope it does do good. But I don't think it will. I know you probably being a blackberry fan, will think they will do great. the top three will be Androis, IOS, and Windows Mobile. Blackberry will come in fourth, if they get anywhere at all.

    I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14 BlackBerry 10 will launch on January 30, RIM says 
    Moderator txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,649
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Going by the past blackberry's is where I am coming from. I hope it does do good. But I don't think it will. I know you probably being a blackberry fan, will think they will do great. the top three will be Androis, IOS, and Windows Mobile. Blackberry will come in fourth, if they get anywhere at all.
    Windows Mobile is suffering from the same "windows sucks" problem right now as Win8. Plus the Sony handsets aren't that good right now.


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    The big Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Windows Mobile is suffering from the same "windows sucks" problem right now as Win8. Plus the Sony handsets aren't that good right now.


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    I'm good with anything that gets apple kicked in the teeth. Lol
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

    Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Moderator txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,649
    Watched the launch yesterday. I can't wait for T Mobile Germany to start carrying them.

    They should have done this a long time ago IMO...but the new OS and phones will put them right back into the mix and should make Apple and Android nervous.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,381
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Watched the launch yesterday. I can't wait for T Mobile Germany to start carrying them.

    They should have done this a long time ago IMO...but the new OS and phones will put them right back into the mix and should make Apple and Android nervous.
    Competition is a great thing!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Moderator txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,649
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Competition is a great thing!
    I think one of the things they need to promote is the fact with the new OS there will be no need to carry a personal and a business phone.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,381
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    I think one of the things they need to promote is the fact with the new OS there will be no need to carry a personal and a business phone.
    That's even better!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •