Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1 Inaugural-fashion-face-off 
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,327
    http://news.yahoo.com/photos/inaugur...032914958.html

    This slideshow is worth a look , it goes back several presidencies.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,754
    As a woman who dresses for church and work, and not in ball gowns or anything like that, I really liked the blue coat/dress that Michelle wore to the ceremony. That designer's men clothes are stupid and ugly, he should design stuff like this for women more often.

    Ball gowns are not my thing. She looked okay in the red one, there was nothing wrong with it (like the last one, which was made of beautiful fabric, but had a bodice that did not work with the fabric).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,440
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    As a woman who dresses for church and work, and not in ball gowns or anything like that, I really liked the blue coat/dress that Michelle wore to the ceremony. That designer's men clothes are stupid and ugly, he should design stuff like this for women more often.

    Ball gowns are not my thing. She looked okay in the red one, there was nothing wrong with it (like the last one, which was made of beautiful fabric, but had a bodice that did not work with the fabric).
    The coat dress was great, especially at the morning church service. Unfortunately, after that, she added a BELT (she has this THING about belts and they're not a good look for her).
    The ball gown was pretty okay. It was a Jason Wu, like the one four years ago, which I thought looked like a chenille bedspread. Wu's learned a lot in four years! :)

    One complaint: The Obamas "danced" the way they did four years ago, which is to say they just got into position and rocked from side to side, like they were in high school. I'm afraid this will be a permanent, generational change - people simply don't know how to do this anymore.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,754
    Well, Linda, being of the same generation as the Obamas, I have to admit that the extent of my dancing ability is the hang on and swing to the music thing.


    Although when I was a college student, the black kids would get me drunk and try to teach me to dance, for their amusement. I'm a good sport, especially when people are pumping me full of free wine.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    882
    I can't think of a single First Lady, besides Hillary, that has less class than Moochelle.

    What's that old saying, you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear....................
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    I can't think of a single First Lady, besides Hillary, that has less class than Moochelle.

    What's that old saying, you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear....................

    I heard a rumor that Bess Truman chewed tobacco, which means she had to spit it out. Pat Nixon and Betty Ford were drunks, which is rather well documented, especially in the latter's case.

    Class is like beauty-it's in the eye of the beholder. Ugly people with no class tend not to see beauty and class in the people they fixate their paranoid delusions upon.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I heard a rumor that Bess Truman chewed tobacco, which means she had to spit it out. Pat Nixon and Betty Ford were drunks, which is rather well documented, especially in the latter's case.

    Class is like beauty-it's in the eye of the beholder. Ugly people with no class tend not to see beauty and class in the people they fixate their paranoid delusions upon.
    Like I said, I can't think of single first lady who had less class that Moochelle. Hell, getting drunk and chewing baccy would be an inprovement for the Wookie.

    Paranoid delusions? What paranoid delusions, loonie? Are you just trying to get your monies worth out of that worthless psycology degree?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    Like I said, I can't think of single first lady who had less class that Moochelle. Hell, getting drunk and chewing baccy would be an inprovement for the Wookie.

    Paranoid delusions? What paranoid delusions, loonie? Are you just trying to get your monies worth out of that worthless psycology degree?

    I can determine whether you have paranoid delusions based on a few basic questions:

    1. How do you think Vince Foster died?
    2. Do you believe that President Obama was born in Hawaii?


    If your answer to question 1 is anything but suicide and your answer to question 2 is no, you are probably suffering from paranoid delusions.

    I'm not questioning your political ideology, because I don't think all conservatives are delusional paranoids. Just you, Alex Jones and Glenn Beck.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I can determine whether you have paranoid delusions based on a few basic questions:

    1. How do you think Vince Foster died?
    2. Do you believe that President Obama was born in Hawaii?


    If your answer to question 1 is anything but suicide and your answer to question 2 is no, you are probably suffering from paranoid delusions.

    I'm not questioning your political ideology, because I don't think all conservatives are delusional paranoids. Just you, Alex Jones and Glenn Beck.
    And I can determine if you're a communist by your answer to just 1 question:

    1) Did you vote for Barack Hussein Obama?

    If you answer yes then you're a communist.

    I'm not questioning your political ideology, because it's widely accepted that all liberals/progressives are communist. You, Bronco, Moochelle, Jarrett, Ayers, Van Jones, Pelosi, the Clintoons, et al.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/photos/inaugur...032914958.html

    This slideshow is worth a look , it goes back several presidencies.
    Thanks for these. For sheer class and good looks, there's nobody like Jackie Kennedy. But Ron and Nancy look so classy in that one shot. They were the last presidential couple who really looked comfortable in formal dress. Hillary looks terribly uncomfortable in formal dress and Bill looks like Bubba. Laura Bush looks uncomfortable as well, and George W. looks like he's ready for some Ivy League dinner after which there will be massive drinking and hijinks. Barry looks like a coat hanger for a suit, and Mooshelle looks like a prom girl. However, I agree with noonwitch that the red dress is much better than the bedspread she wore 4 years ago.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •