Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Your mom did better than I did from a family member. I bought them nice things; I got in return a package of paper napkins (decorative at least) and a regift that I had given several years ago to them. So the $10 Iphone cover is lavish in comparison.
    Owch. Winner of the crappy Xmas gift.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

2. #12 The ebay seller (selling cheating...) 
    @Apocalypse - Hi everyone, I'm the seller from the eBay listing in the original post on this thread (Not that typing over the internet is a valid proof of ID). I had heard that a couple of my listings had been linked on some various message boards and TF fan sites, so when I Googled "selling cheating husband's toys", your site was the first one listed. For what it's worth, the situation mentioned in all of my Transformer eBay listings is definitely true. Sad, and very infuriating, but true none-the-less. I left out 90% of the drama - mainly because it would have felt like hundreds of pages of reading and scrolling in that eBay description area - and frankly, I figured no one really cared about the details. I only mentioned it in the listings at all so that if Will ever stumbled across the auctions, it would make his veins pop <- and justly so. That, and if you were hunting for a toy and were faced with 2 equally priced, similar condition Transformers, some people may opt for our listing since it's all going toward helping his wife and son clean up the financial devastation that he left for them. At first, I was kind of naive in respect to one of the internet's notorious traits of cynicism and doubt. So I learned after the first week that those who wanted to help vs. those who thought I was a fraud trying to gain sympathy for a profit was about 50-50 give or take.
    Regardless, the greater ebay community of Transformer hunters has been good to the family. I've been able to send them what I would call a decent financial contribution every couple weeks as the payments clear my paypal account. But I'm also not a Transformer collector, so I may be underselling some, and hitting a big wave of demand for others, and I wouldn't really know either way.
    Take care!

Well its sad that such people exist that treat loved ones so bad.

I think you can understand the not knowing for sure. The net doesn't exactly express full honesty, and when it comes to money, even less so.

Wish you luck in getting the most for what your selling. Just right now people are hurting and the price you would get is not the best. Its a buyers market right now, not a sellers. So don't feel your not asking enough, its more the wrong time to sell.
    Rest In Peace America

Agreed.

And don't get me wrong, I also agree that the auctions do come off as hilarious, especially to outsiders looking in. Kind of like driving by as a woman is tossing a bunch of men's clothing out onto a front lawn - you can't help but laugh and think "Hah, damn! I'd hate to be that guy"
    I laugh every time I stop by her house to bring her some money from the sales and pick up another box of odds and ends to sell. What's really gets me to smile is when I discover a number of his pieces were knock offs, and I know for a fact that he would boast about having "outbid" everyone when he first bought a lot of them back in the day. Yet another reason I roll my eyes and think "Ugh, I was friends with this guy??"

Well if you want to twist the knife a little more, just let him know people on the net are laughing at what kind of loser he is.

Takes a real dead beat to not take care of his kid(s). And no REAL man would fail in doing so.
    Rest In Peace America

Welcome SnOfJrl ! While your her do some snooping around and post on any topic you like, we are glad to have you.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Owch. Winner of the crappy Xmas gift.
    It's the thought that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Welcome SnOfJrl ! While your her do some snooping around and post on any topic you like, we are glad to have you.
    I echo what Rock says. Back in the day I had to work 3 jobs because of a dead beat father to my two sons. I totally applaud what you're doing. I didn't have anyone help me like you're doing for her. You're a good person and good luck in getting the best prices on your e-bay auctions. He deserves the scorn.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Dang! No 1963 or 67 Vettes? Are you kidding me, Transformers?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand