Thread: Clinton lashes out at senator over Benghazi questioning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1 Clinton lashes out at senator over Benghazi questioning 
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,224

    [size=10pt]"What difference, at this point, does it make?"[/size]


    Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Wednesday lashed out over the claim that the administration misled Americans about the nature of the Libya terror attack by asserting that it was the result of a protest, raising her voice during a Senate hearing and asking: "What difference, at this point, does it make?"

    Clinton, in what may be her final set of testimony as secretary, pointedly challenged Republican Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson when he claimed the department could have "easily" determined what happened that night by interviewing staffers who were evacuated.

    He was referring to the administration's initial claim that the attack sprung out of a protest. It was later determined there was no protest on the ground in Benghazi. Diplomatic security agents said as much to the FBI during interviews on Sept. 14, despite administration claims to the contrary two days later.

    "That was a piece of information that could have been easily -- easily -- ascertained, within hours if not days," Johnson said.

    "We were misled that there were supposedly protests and something sprang out of that. ... The American people could have known that (there was no protest) within days, and they didn't know that."

    At that point, Clinton began to raise her voice.

    "With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans," she said.

    "I understand," Johnson said.

    Clinton continued to speak, raising her voice and gesturing: "Was it because of a protest or is it because of guys out for a walk one night and they decide they go kill some Americans?

    "What difference, at this point, does it make?"

    Clinton, lowering her voice, then said it is the administration's job to "figure out what happened" and prevent it from happening again.

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...pite-accounts/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Oh, she's good!

    But will she get away with it?

    It does matter of, course, and the 'it' in this case is the possibility that she helped the Obama administration spin the truth - or even obfuscate the truth - from the American people. Remember, she told the father of one of the victims that "we going to get the person who made the video", and I think it was all part of the spin campaign.

    The narrative from Obama was that the "So Called War on Terror" is over and they no longer are a threat. And Hillary was right in the middle of that spin.
    So she gets sick; then she had a concussion; and now it doesn't matter. The only reason it "doesn't matter" now is that the President has been inaugurated, the new Sec of State has been nominated, and 4 months have passed.

    Moveon.Org, remember, was formed to tell the people that Bill Clinton's misdeeds were in the past; it was now time to 'move on'.
    So. What difference "at this point"? We'll see. But I suspect it will all be passed off as "lessons learned", and it won't matter that she was complicit in the Great Spin.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Oh, she's good!

    But will she get away with it?

    It does matter of, course, and the 'it' in this case is the possibility that she helped the Obama administration spin the truth - or even obfuscate the truth - from the American people. Remember, she told the father of one of the victims that "we going to get the person who made the video", and I think it was all part of the spin campaign.

    The narrative from Obama was that the "So Called War on Terror" is over and they no longer are a threat. And Hillary was right in the middle of that spin.
    So she gets sick; then she had a concussion; and now it doesn't matter. The only reason it "doesn't matter" now is that the President has been inaugurated, the new Sec of State has been nominated, and 4 months have passed.

    Moveon.Org, remember, was formed to tell the people that Bill Clinton's misdeeds were in the past; it was now time to 'move on'.
    So. What difference "at this point"? We'll see. But I suspect it will all be passed off as "lessons learned", and it won't matter that she was complicit in the Great Spin.
    I think the delays were done intentionally hoping the testimony would be forgotten about by the low information voters that are 44's base.

    Her "at this point what does it matter" comment validates this train of thought. She would have been more honest if she'd just come out and said "personally I don't give a f**k".
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,024
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    I think the delays were done intentionally hoping the testimony would be forgotten about by the low information voters that are 44's base.

    Her "at this point what does it matter" comment validates this train of thought. She would have been more honest if she'd just come out and said "personally I don't give a f**k".
    She should not be allowed to hold another office again for the rest of her rotten life but oh no the MSM will gloss this over. I just wonder if this was Condoleezza Rice (sp) would the MSM give her a pass?
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member DumbAss Tanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    2,174
    "I take full responsibility for it, as long as that means there aren't any actual consequences to ME and everyone agrees to forget it by sundown tomorrow."

    Bitch.

    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,024
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    "I take full responsibility for it, as long as that means there aren't any actual consequences to ME and everyone agrees to forget it by sundown tomorrow."

    Bitch.

    lol You are 100% right and whats sad is there is no way a Republican can win the WH in 2016 so this piece of shit will prolly win.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,095
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post

    Bitch.

    She may not be any longer, she may have had Willies wanker and what nots sewed on.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member LukeEDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    2,046
    She will be elected President in 2016 from this.

    I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sarasota,FL
    Posts
    41,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I just wonder if this was Condoleezza Rice (sp) would the MSM give her a pass?

    You're kidding right??? A Condi would have been forced to resign.

    Any Dem diplomat should take note of this. YOU may be sacrificed but your boss will get promoted.
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Oh, she's good!
    The only reason it "doesn't matter" now is that the President has been inaugurated, the new Sec of State has been nominated, and 4 months have passed.
    Bingo.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •