Thread: New York's brash former mayor, Ed Koch, dies at 88

1. #1 New York's brash former mayor, Ed Koch, dies at 88 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    By Steve Almasy, CNN
    updated 4:03 PM EST, Fri February 1, 2013

(CNN) -- Ed Koch, the brash former New York City mayor who typically greeted constituents with a "How'm I doin'?" died Friday at the age of 88, his spokesman said.

Koch died of congestive heart failure, spokesman George Arzt said. The former mayor felt very tired Thursday morning and was admitted to the intensive care unit, Artz said. Koch lost consciousness that afternoon and passed away around 2 a.m. Friday.

LINK
    May the FORCE be with you!

Ed Koch, Betrayed by Obama

Former New York City Mayor Ed Koch, who passed away today at the age of 88, was in the news until just a few weeks ago, reacting--angrily--to the nomination of former Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE) as Secretary of Defense. Koch had a visceral understanding of the evil and danger of Islamic terrorism--he had Daniel Pearl's last words inscribed on his tombstone--and in the last few years of his life, he became alarmed at the anti-Israel drift of his Democratic Party, particularly under the leadership of President Barack Obama, whom he felt had betrayed him.

More@Breitbart

Though a lifelong (and larger-than-life) Democrat, in 2004, he vigorously endorsed George W. Bush over fellow Democrat John Kerry because he felt everything was "trumped by the issue of terrorism."
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Koch was an ok guy, RIP.
    May the FORCE be with you!

4. #4 Re: New York's brash former mayor, Ed Koch, dies at 88 
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Koch was an ok guy, RIP.
    He was better than okay. He was as good a mayor as we could have gotten from the Democratic Party machine in NYC. New York was in freefall when he was elected and he arrested the slide. His sole failing was that he was a Democrat and had to keep the machine happy. He was the kind of Democrat who balanced the patronage and politics with actual governing. RIP

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

RIP Mayor Koch. I met him several times in the 90's as a patient. He regularly got his treatments at the hospital I worked. Nice guy.

6. #6 Re: New York's brash former mayor, Ed Koch, dies at 88 
    Koch was a good guy. He became more and more conservative as he grew old. RIP.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein