Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 BREAKING: Panetta opens combat roles to women 
    Senior defense officials say Pentagon chief Leon Panetta is removing the military's ban on women serving in combat, opening hundreds of thousands of front-line positions and potentially elite commando jobs after more than a decade at war.

The groundbreaking move recommended by the Joint Chiefs of Staff overturns a 1994 rule banning women from being assigned to smaller ground combat units. Panetta's decision gives the military services until January 2016 to seek special exceptions if they believe any positions must remain closed to women.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...oles-to-women/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

oh boy this ought to be fun....
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I have had all the giggles I can stand from this administration.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I have had all the giggles I can stand from this administration.
    Well if the truth be told they have been in many combat roles for some time but now its more official. I wonder how many women 11 bravo's will get knocked up just to get off the front line?

Well if the truth be told they have been in many combat roles for some time but now its more official. I wonder how many women 11 bravo's will get knocked up just to get off the front line?
    I don't know the details but I'm guessing they will have less of a choice now. You would have to be crazy to join the military today because you would have no idea what the rules will be tomorrow.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Definitely gonna make me rethink going beyond 20 years.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

This is opening up Armor Infantry and Artillery.

Get ready for Female Rangers and Green Berets.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post

No way in hell could a woman handle the training, most men can't handle it, that is if they don't easy the physical requirements for the job.

No way in hell could a woman handle the training, most men can't handle it, that is if they don't easy the physical requirements for the job.
    That's exactly what they will do Bailey. They will dumb down the standards...just like they've done every other place where they've done this.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post

I don't care, so long as they can carry and fire that mortar, scale that cliff, lug that heavy-ass bi-pod machine gun, and do all the other stuff that combat soldiers need to do in the course of combat. I don't care if you're Black, white, or pink with purple polka-dots so long as you're combat-effective when you need to be.

The problem is, women CAN'T do all of that stuff as well as their male counterparts. It's simple physiology. Sure, there are lots of women out there who can bulk up and toughen up and they can be just as steely as the next guy down the line, but the simple facts of physiology are that with very little exception, women, no matter how physically fit they are, simply will not be as effective, will not be able to move as well with an 80-lb. ruck on, will not be able to manipulate or maneuver a machine gun with 50 lbs. of ammunition as a man will be able to.

Newsflash for the Obama administration and the Left: women and men are different. Stop trying to pretend this isn't the case.

The inevitable result of this will be lowered standards to meet a quota of women in combat roles, thus ultimately reducing the quality of the American combat soldier all-around. Bad idea.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.