Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Go look at the current scoring chart for the APFT...do you honestly think the standards are going to remain the same or in any way "fair"?

Not trying to be mean or snarky...just telling to to think about what you know about the military and how things work and then ask yourself that question.

I honestly do think they would change the standards but not to the extent that they should.

I don't want to soften the APFT standards. If a woman wants to go the 11A/B route, I think she should have to meet the same existing criteria for the men. I don't want a middle-man compromise. I think the standards for women in combat roles would increase but not to the current standard men have. Which I don't like.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Many Libertarians like liberals want to see the dismantling of the military, unlike most liberals they won't tell you that that is their intent.
    I want to fight declared wars. I want responsible defense spending. How is that dismantling the military? I don't want to cut one job from the military because I know if we are responsible with our money we don't have to.

Lastly, rock, why would I want to dismantle the military? I am in the military...
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Lastly, rock, why would I want to dismantle the military? I am in the military...
    Liberals are notorious for sawing off the limb they are sitting on, it is almost expected of them at some point.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I honestly do think they would change the standards but not to the extent that they should.

I don't want to soften the APFT standards. If a woman wants to go the 11A/B route, I think she should have to meet the same existing criteria for the men. I don't want a middle-man compromise. I think the standards for women in combat roles would increase but not to the current standard men have. Which I don't like.
    But that's not gonna happen. It's already been proven when they let women fly fighter jets.

They have to lower the physical standards so the women can pass and those people that use us as a social engineering ant farm don't end up looking foolish.

Women are on the front lines right now anyway. So this is not about letting them into the fight.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Liberals are notorious for sawing off the limb they are sitting on, it is almost expected of them at some point.
    It's astonishing that you have over 35,000 posts with almost no substances. Just a bunch of non-sensical one-liners. And your reply has nothing to do with me or my views.

Power Point Ranger

But that's not gonna happen. It's already been proven when they let women fly fighter jets.

They have to lower the physical standards so the women can pass and those people that use us as a social engineering ant farm don't end up looking foolish.

Women are on the front lines right now anyway. So this is not about letting them into the fight.
    We are in agreement, tx. We both know that if there is any change in standards, it won't be to better our military. I think the female standards should be increased as it is just based on the females that I work with. They have no trouble passing their APFTs and usually score in the 250s on the men's scale. Granted it is a small sample size.

Power Point Ranger

It's astonishing that you have over 35,000 posts with almost no substances. Just a bunch of non-sensical one-liners. And your reply has nothing to do with me or my views.
    Take him to the dome rock!!!!! If anyone ever posted with no substance it is gw.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Take him to the dome rock!!!!! If anyone ever posted with no substance it is gw.
    He is just a mouthy kid, no one will ever convince him of anything.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

They have no trouble passing their APFTs and usually score in the 250s on the men's scale. Granted it is a small sample size.
    But could any of them pick you up in fireman's carry when you're in full kit and get you out of the kill zone if you were woulded in a fire fight? Or even drag you by the strap on the back of your IOTV?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

But could any of them pick you up in fireman's carry when you're in full kit and get you out of the kill zone if you were woulded in a fire fight? Or even drag you by the strap on the back of your IOTV?
    i doubt it
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly