Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Tell them by law they have to vote and have no choice in the matter.
    Ahhhh.... the ol' reverse psychology. Do your wives/ S.O.s know that you guys have so much contempt for their intelligence? (They live with you every day, so they must....)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    However, just because it's Friday afternoon and I'd love a giggle, I'd like you gentlemen to propose exactly how you would rescind women's voting rights.
    Give them gift certificates to Wal-Mart on election day.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Ahhhh.... the ol' reverse psychology. Do your wives/ S.O.s know that you guys have so much contempt for their intelligence? (They live with you every day, so they must....)
    My SO didn't vote for Bronco proving that she actually uses her brain for thinking.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Please a few fringe candidates said something retarded and your ilk broad brushed the entire party.

Fringe candidates like Paul Ryan and 220 other House Republicans, that co-sponsored the "No Taxpayer Funding For Abortion act" along with Akin?

The act restricted federal funding for abortions except when the pregnancy is caused by "an act of forcible rape, or, if a minor, an act of incest".

Now I'm not a English teacher, but it's always been my understanding that the word rape is defined as one person forcing another to engage in sexual acts.

Yeah, he later said "rape is rape", but that was under pressure during the election cycle.

Or maybe they vote their self interest as most people do. But it's true, men are completely rational and not subject to any emotions in their political lives. Ted Nugent and Donald Trump immediately come to mind as stellar examples.
    Ah. She justifies the hysterical voting habits of women by finding two men she disagrees with..

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Fringe candidates like Paul Ryan and 220 other House Republicans, that co-sponsored the "No Taxpayer Funding For Abortion act" along with Akin?...........
    Huh? You believe abortions on demand should be provided by the government?

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Ah. She justifies the hysterical voting habits of women by finding two men she disagrees with..
    No, by mentioning the first two men I could think of who displayed hysteria during the campaign.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Huh? You believe abortions on demand should be provided by the government?
    That was not the point I made, I was discussing the use of the term "forcible rape", because using a term like that implies that there is such a thing as unforced rape, when the very definition of rape is forcing someone to engage in sexual acts.

Paul Ryan and 220 other republican members of the House agreed with this language.

I want GOP candidates to continue to insult the intelligence of women. It will keep them from getting elected. I'm a liberal. But for moderate women, who can be conservative on some issues (especially fiscal ones), this is not going to help the GOP.

So like I said first, keep telling yourselves its about the 47%, takers, minorities, and whatever other theory you can come up with to avoid considering that women are the key demographic to winning elections in this country. It'll keep us on the left in power that much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    ...........So like I said first, keep telling yourselves its about the 47%, takers, minorities, and whatever other theory you can come up with to avoid considering that women are the key demographic to winning elections in this country. It'll keep us on the left in power that much longer.
    Women are a key demographic. So are blacks. That's why we have Obama. And as long as both groups have someone black and/or cute to vote for we will continue to discuss something other than the fiscal insanity with dominates Washington.

I don't think Republicans will ever get the women's vote. The best we can hope for is that they will lose interest and stay home. And that'll happen if the Dems make the mistake of running someone like, say, Harry Reid.

It doesn't take much to toss a Presidential election one way or the other. Remember, Bill Clinton served 2 terms and never got 50% of the vote. He scored big with women both times, but never got 50% of the popular vote.

I'm not a big believer (as you can guess) in the democratic system. I think the founders had it right when they limited the vote to landowners, and I would do pretty much the same thing today. 18 year olds, in my view, have no business in the voting booth and should be prohibited along with everyone else who has not demonstrated their understanding of the issues involved through test or performance.
    As it is today, we have little more than mob rule. And that was the fear of the founders from the very beginning.

I think the founders had it right when they limited the vote to landowners, and I would do pretty much the same thing today. 18 year olds, in my view, have no business in the voting booth and should be prohibited along with everyone else who has not demonstrated their understanding of the issues involved through test or performance.
    As it is today, we have little more than mob rule. And that was the fear of the founders from the very beginning.
    100% correct, their should be more than just turning a certain age, you should have a tangible vested interest in the country.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg