Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,155
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    No, I see it, but I also understand why he does it, because it's Jersey. If it were Georgia, he would have to kiss conservative butt.
    But then the gov would have have been most likely a conservative. If Christie ran as a liberal then this wouldn't have shocked me but he ran as a right leaning republican so I guess his true colors are showing. He will never get my vote either for reelection or for any higher office.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    When your state gets overwhelmed by a massive storm, and the guy who can provide assistance is from the other party, you kind of have to be nice to him. It's called working together for the better of his constituents.
    Except that it never works that way in reverse. Bush begged the governor of Louisiana and the mayor of New Orleans to initiate the request for federal aid so that he could respond, but the governor held off because she didn't want him to look good in the media. Ultimately, they did everything that they could to blame Katrina on Bush, even though the immediate state and local-level responses were glaringly incompetent, because politics trumps doing your job when you're a liberal. Christie went out of his way to complement Obama for doing... well, not much, since the federal response to Sandy consisted of a bunch of Obama photo-ops (which is what passes for leadership today). Meanwhile, his constituents were taken care of by the state, not the feds.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Except that it never works that way in reverse. Bush begged the governor of Louisiana and the mayor of New Orleans to initiate the request for federal aid so that he could respond, but the governor held off because she didn't want him to look good in the media. Ultimately, they did everything that they could to blame Katrina on Bush, even though the immediate state and local-level responses were glaringly incompetent, because politics trumps doing your job when you're a liberal. Christie went out of his way to complement Obama for doing... well, not much, since the federal response to Sandy consisted of a bunch of Obama photo-ops (which is what passes for leadership today). Meanwhile, his constituents were taken care of by the state, not the feds.

    And his promises to cut through red tape and get aid to the people went nowhere as well.

    There are still hundreds without power in the area affected by Sandy.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Except that it never works that way in reverse. Bush begged the governor of Louisiana and the mayor of New Orleans to initiate the request for federal aid so that he could respond, but the governor held off because she didn't want him to look good in the media. Ultimately, they did everything that they could to blame Katrina on Bush, even though the immediate state and local-level responses were glaringly incompetent, because politics trumps doing your job when you're a liberal. Christie went out of his way to complement Obama for doing... well, not much, since the federal response to Sandy consisted of a bunch of Obama photo-ops (which is what passes for leadership today). Meanwhile, his constituents were taken care of by the state, not the feds.
    Noonditch doesn't know the difference between being respectful and kissing his ass. Noonditch forgot the fact that NJ is a BLUE state and wouldn't be forgotten by obama.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,144
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Christie governs a fairly liberal state-if he was a strict conservative, would he be holding his current position?
    He got elected on conservative principles. Taxpayers here love him. He's polling at 69% among registered voters. He's also leading at least 1 poll for president in 2016 even beating out Hillary.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    When your state gets overwhelmed by a massive storm, and the guy who can provide assistance is from the other party, you kind of have to be nice to him. It's called working together for the better of his constituents.
    Seems to me only liberal dependant states get the publicity and help. BTW, I thought all was good in utopia? SInce I haven't seen any coverage of the Marxist Administration's failures like we did with the daily handwringing over Katrina, I assumed all was instantly made well by Emporer OBlather.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,155
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    He got elected on conservative principles. Taxpayers here love him. He's polling at 69% among registered voters. He's also leading at least 1 poll for president in 2016 even beating out Hillary.
    which proves my point he stabbed romney in the back to improve his odds in 16, he can kiss the fastest part of my ass when and if he runs for any office.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •