Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I am and I really go back and forth on this. Philosophically, I'm opposed to the bailout; realistically, I know how long it took us to put that money together, and I'm not happy about losing it because of other people's mistakes. :(
    It's a helluva position to be in, ain't it. I feel for you. I really do.:o
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Power CUer
    It's certainly not just me. It's a whole lot of us. We were told to provide our own security for ourselves when pensions became pretty much a thing of the past, and some of us took the duty seriously. Now it looks like we won't be much farther ahead of the masses who blew it off completely.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I'm not an economist so my fears may be totally baseless.

I have always believed trickle down economics made perfect sense. Prosperity does not grow from the bottom up, it has to start where the money is. If the money at the top is decimated, will that not trickle down as well? I'd argue that some institutions are to big to fail but the people who caused this be held to account.

Whether we like it or not, we participate in a global economy. How will this failure effect the rest of the world and more importantly, how will this failure effect other nations in their financial dealings with us?

I don't know the answers to the questions I've posed.

I may be totally off-base but allowing this massive failure reminds me of a 3rd world country's economic failure.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.