Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Ok say you are right. What the heck are the pointy things everywhere and whats with the little drop down flap!......
    This was used for night ops. There was a lantern behind the drop down flap and when enemy charged, the armed knight would open the little porthole blinding the enemy.

About the dorkiest idea I have ever heard of. It hasn't caught on yet, but have faith! They are taking our guns away; this may be all we'll have left.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    This was used for night ops. There was a lantern behind the drop down flap and when enemy charged, the armed knight would open the little porthole blinding the enemy.

About the dorkiest idea I have ever heard of. It hasn't caught on yet, but have faith! They are taking our guns away; this may be all we'll have left.
    I thought maybe the 3" inch hole with the flap was to pee through, but that would be kind of small.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Uh hem!! the officious answer!

Update: the picture is of a a lantern shield, it was in use during the Italian Renaissance (15th and 16th century Italy). Its defining feature is a small circular shield with a hook on the back from which to hang a lantern, its light shining through the hole was intended to blind the opponent at night or in duels fought at dawn.
    I had no idea this was going to be a dull thing! I really thought it mighta been an alien thing, oh well!

Stand by for my next attempt to fool youse guys!!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.