Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 The road to impeachment begins... 
    ...with collecting potential charges.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...=all#pagebreak
    (snip)

In a case freighted with major constitutional implications, a federal appeals court on Friday overturned President Obama’s controversial recess appointments from last year, ruling he abused his powers and acted when the Senate was not actually in a recess.

The three-judge panel’s ruling is a major blow to Mr. Obama. The judges ruled that the appointments Mr. Obama made to the National Labor Relations Board are illegal, and the board no longer has a quorum to operate.

But the ruling has even broader constitutional significance, with the judges arguing that the president’s recess appointment powers don’t apply to “intrasession” appointments — those made when Congress has left town for a few days or weeks.

(snip)

The case is likely to end up before the Supreme Court, and it turns on the definition of what the Constitution means when it says “recess.”

(snip)

The judges on Friday ruled that the only clear bright line is when the Senate recesses at the end of the year.

(snip)
    We shall see what we shall see.........

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Well, we need something to hold on to.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

there is now way in hell obama will ever be impeached, not with the make up of congress as it stands. The GOP is gutless and the Dems in the Senate could watch obama kill babies and not do a damn thing.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Well, we need something to hold on to.
    In'nat th' triuth!?

I don't see an impeachment coming out of this, but then I'm not the "Constitutional Scholar" that Obama claims he is. Or used to be.
    We could use an impeachment, of course. I'd hate to live my full life knowing that Bill Clinton was impeached (and found not guilty) and Obama wasn't.
    Andy Johnson was impeached for a helluvalot less than Obama has gotten away with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    there is now way in hell obama will ever be impeached, not with the make up of congress as it stands. The GOP is gutless and the Dems in the Senate could watch obama kill babies and not do a damn thing.
    I said in 07 that there was no way Obama would ever get elected, I said that again last November.
    God for some reason wanted Obama elected, I don't know of any other way to explain the convenience of the east coast storm and several other events, if and when God wants him gone, he'll be gone, I feel like a spectator.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Well, there's no realistic way this would get him impeached, but it DOES throw the primary tool of his aggressive pro-union stance into the shitter.

Timed Out
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I said in 07 that there was no way Obama would ever get elected, I said that again last November.
    God for some reason wanted Obama elected, I don't know of any other way to explain the convenience of the east coast storm and several other events, if and when God wants him gone, he'll be gone, I feel like a spectator.
    Why would god care who's president of this country?

Uh-oh!

Better lock for Peter's cage needed! ASAP!

This makes the third load of "chum" he is casting about in our waters!
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 01-31-2013 at 02:12 PM.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

This was not something that qualifies as a "high crime or misdemeanor" or whatever the wording they use for impeachable offenses.

This ruling is more of a "nice try, but no go" slapdown of a policy.

Timed Out
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Uh-oh!

Better lock for Peter's cage needed! ASAP!

This makes the third load of "chum" he is casting about in our waters!
    Why duck the question? Why would god care who is president of this country?