Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by peters View Post
    Why would god care who's president of this country?
    I guess you refer to Obama since you use the little g, Obama cares very much that he is president.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    Why duck the question?
    Perhaps because you were addressing it to Rock, and not me?

How's that?
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Timed Out
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Perhaps because you were addressing it to Janice, and not me?

How's that?
    You're welcome to join in...

Timed Out
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I guess you refer to Obama since you use the little g, Obama cares very much that he is president.
    No I use little g because I am an agnostic and have little interest in god...big or little. So answer the qestion, why doe GOD care who's president?

God may not care but Lucifer does and Obama is Lucifer's choice.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    This was not something that qualifies as a "high crime or misdemeanor" or whatever the wording they use for impeachable offenses.

This ruling is more of a "nice try, but no go" slapdown of a policy.
    So in your opinion, abuse of power just warrants a little slap on the wrist? Is this because you're a certified 0bamaBot or simply due to abject ignorance?

"On Saturday, July 27, the House Judiciary Committee approved its first article of impeachment charging President Nixon with obstruction of justice. Six of the Committee's 17 Republicans joined all 21 Democrats in voting for the article. The following Monday the Committee approved its second article charging Nixon with abuse of power. The next day, the third and final article, contempt of Congress, was approved."

http://www.historyplace.com/unitedst...ents/nixon.htm

"Bill Clinton was elected president in 1992 and reelected in 1996. During his first term, an independent counsel was appointed to investigate Whitewater, an Arkansas land deal involving Clinton that had taken place about 20 years previously. The counsel’s investigation later expanded to include scandals surrounding the firing of White House staff in its travel office, the misuse of FBI files, and an illicit affair that the president had with a White House intern. In 1998, Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr issued a report to the House Judiciary Committee. It found 11 possible impeachable offenses, all related to the intern scandal. Based on the independent counsel’s investigation, the House Judiciary Committee voted four articles of impeachment. The first article accused the president of committing perjury before a grand jury convened by the independent counsel. The second charged him with providing “perjurious, false and misleading testimony” in a civil case related to the scandal. The third accused him of obstructing justice to “delay, impede, cover up and conceal the existence” of evidence related to the scandal. The fourth charged that he misused and abused his office by deceiving the American public, misleading his cabinet and other employees so that they would mislead the public, asserting executive privilege to hinder the investigation, and refusing to respond to the committee and misleading the committee about the scandal."

http://www.crf-usa.org/impeachment/h...demeanors.html
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    No I use little g because I am an agnostic and have little interest in god...big or little. So answer the qestion, why doe GOD care who's president?
    God not only allowed for Obama to be president he ordained it, our country is being punished for thumbing our noses at God just like you did there, I hope total collapse is not part of the punishment but it is sure looking that way, Obama is the method of punishment.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Power CUer
    If God ordains things like who's going to be our president, why does He give us free will? Or do you think that's an illusion, Rock? (Not pickin' a fight, just asking).
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    If God ordains things like who's going to be our president, why does He give us free will? Or do you think that's an illusion, Rock? (Not pickin' a fight, just asking).
    Hard to say Linda but it does say in the bible that he chooses who leads, of course any knowledge of his intent is a guess on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    In'nat th' triuth!?

I don't see an impeachment coming out of this, but then I'm not the "Constitutional Scholar" that Obama claims he is. Or used to be.
    We could use an impeachment, of course. I'd hate to live my full life knowing that Bill Clinton was impeached (and found not guilty) and Obama wasn't.
    Andy Johnson was impeached for a helluvalot less than Obama has gotten away with.
    Those that could effect an impeachment have no honor. The Emperor will continue to get away with it.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand