Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    Why would god care who's president of this country?
    Ask Him when you face Him.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I said in 07 that there was no way Obama would ever get elected, I said that again last November.
    God for some reason wanted Obama elected, I don't know of any other way to explain the convenience of the east coast storm and several other events, if and when God wants him gone, he'll be gone, I feel like a spectator.
    I think God is punishing us by having Obama in there. We must have really upset him ...

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

No I use little g because I am an agnostic and have little interest in god...big or little. So answer the qestion, why doe GOD care who's president?
    Only God can answer that fully. I can guess that if God were interested in his people, He would take an active interest in them. A better question would be: Why would a a self-described Agnostic want to know the mind of God? (or were you just being the usual POC we see in your type here)?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Only God can answer that fully. I can guess that if God were interested in his people, He would take an active interest in them. A better question would be: Why would a a self-described Agnostic want to know the mind of God? (or were you just being the usual POC we see in your type here)?
    Excellent question. Waiting for his response.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

...I am an agnostic and have little interest in god...big or little.
    Why are you an agnostic?

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Hard to say Linda but it does say in the bible that he chooses who leads, of course any knowledge of his intent is a guess on my part.
    I dunno about this. So if he chose that Hitler and Saddam should be leaders, we thwarted His will by defeating them. I just don't know about that.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I dunno about this. So if he chose that Hitler and Saddam should be leaders, we thwarted His will by defeating them. I just don't know about that.
    Theologians have argued how Gods sovereignty and mans free will mesh since Christianity began .
    When a leaders purpose has been served they are replace with another. A good place to start is by reading the book of Romans.
    God has a plan but we are not supposed to be fatalistic and just wait for things to happen, the whole book is filled with instruction on how to live and interact according to his will. It is to be taken as a whole, not discarded because you do not fully understand the more difficult passages..
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Seems simple enough. If God chooses a leader, he can choose when He wants another.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand