1. #1 Facebook's Sheryl Sandberg attacks gender stereotypes at work 
    Chief operating officer tells Davos women are less liked as they become more successful

Heather Stewart and Graeme Wearden in Davos
    Sheryl Sandberg, the chief operating officer of Facebook, has launched a fierce attack on the gender stereotypes that hold back women at work at the World Economic Forum in Davos.

Sandberg, who is publishing a book called Lean In on women in the workplace in March, singled out T-shirts sold in the US, with the boys' version emblazoned with the words "Smart Like Daddy", while the girls' version says "Pretty like Mommy".

"I would love to say that was 1951, but it was last year," she said. "As a woman becomes more successful, she is less liked, and as a man becomes more successful, he is more liked, and that starts with those T-shirts."

She blasted managers who unconsciously reflect stereotypes when they judge women's performance, saying: "She's great at her job but she's just not as well liked by her peers," or: "She's a bit aggressive."

"They say this with no understanding that this is the penalty women face because of gender stereotypes," she said.
    Read More>http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...er-stereotypes
    I've worked for woman that I would do anything for, I have also worked for woman that were total bitches because they were promoted to their position too soon because of quotas.
    It is human nature, give an idiot too much power and you have a powerful idiot, allow people to grow and gain experience and earn their jobs and you have good leaders.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Chief operating officer tells Davos women are less liked as they become more successful

Heather Stewart and Graeme Wearden in Davos
    Sheryl Sandberg, the chief operating officer of Facebook, has launched a fierce attack on the gender stereotypes that hold back women at work at the World Economic Forum in Davos.

Sandberg, who is publishing a book called Lean In on women in the workplace in March, singled out T-shirts sold in the US, with the boys' version emblazoned with the words "Smart Like Daddy", while the girls' version says "Pretty like Mommy".

"I would love to say that was 1951, but it was last year," she said. "As a woman becomes more successful, she is less liked, and as a man becomes more successful, he is more liked, and that starts with those T-shirts."

She blasted managers who unconsciously reflect stereotypes when they judge women's performance, saying: "She's great at her job but she's just not as well liked by her peers," or: "She's a bit aggressive."

"They say this with no understanding that this is the penalty women face because of gender stereotypes," she said.
    Read More>http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...er-stereotypes
    I've worked for woman that I would do anything for, I have also worked for woman that were total bitches because they were promoted to their position too soon because of quotas.
    It is human nature, give an idiot too much power and you have a powerful idiot, allow people to grow and gain experience and earn their jobs and you have good leaders.
    If she'd stop being such a bitch, she might not have all these complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    And I've worked for men who are just exactly like that as well. After I changed companies I told one past manager never to give me an opportunuty in a dark alley.

Two years later I walked up and shook his hand and informed him that his a$$hole attitude had forced me to find another job - and it was twice as good, half the hours and one and half time the pay.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.