Thread: God Bless America!

1. #1 God Bless America! 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

May the FORCE be with you!

I like this version better:

"Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

I like the hockey stadium organ playing backup on Cardfan's version. That's how I always remember Kate performing it-at hockey games.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I like the hockey stadium organ playing backup on Cardfan's version. That's how I always remember Kate performing it-at hockey games.
    She was a big, big Flyers fan and loved to sing before games. At one time, the Flyers had a ridiculous record whenever they used Kate either live or recorded. Thet even put up a bronze statue of her outside the Spectrum(the Spectrum is gone but the statue is still there). The above video was before game 6 of the 1974 Stanley Cup finals. After she was done, Bobby Orr and Phil Esposito greet her in hopes of breaking the jinx. It didn't work.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    She was a big, big Flyers fan and loved to sing before games. At one time, the Flyers had a ridiculous record whenever they used Kate either live or recorded. Thet even put up a bronze statue of her outside the Spectrum(the Spectrum is gone but the statue is still there). The above video was before game 6 of the 1974 Stanley Cup finals. After she was done, Bobby Orr and Phil Esposito greet her in hopes of breaking the jinx. It didn't work.

My grandmother loved Kate Smith, had her records and everything. My grandma was a heavy red-head who loved to sing and loved hockey, so Kate was her favorite singer.

I always liked "God Bless America" because it is an easier tune to sing than the national anthem.