1. #1 Boehner goes limp 
    Boehner full of regret over 'cliff' moves
    By Russell Berman - 01/26/13 09:00 AM ET

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) is sharing his regrets about his "fiscal-cliff" strategy, less than a month after the House bitterly swallowed a last-minute deal hatched in the Senate.

In a private speech to the Ripon Society on Tuesday, Boehner said that he should have taken a different course after the November election by immediately demanding that the Senate produce a bill to avert the worst parts of a combination of tax increases and spending cuts that were due to hit on Jan. 1.

Instead, Boehner delivered a formal speech at the Capitol on the day after President Obama won a second term, in which he offered a major Republican concession – new tax revenue as part of a broader fiscal deal.

“Looking back, what I should have done the day after the election was to make it clear the House has passed a bill to extend all of the current tax rates, the House has passed a bill to replace the sequester with cuts in mandatory spending, and the Senate ought to do its work,” Boehner said. “We’re ready, able and willing to work with the Senate as soon as they produce a bill. It should have been what I said. You know, again, hindsight is 20-20.”
    Read More>http://thehill.com/homenews/house/27...al-cliff-moves
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Does this headline imply there was a time when Boehner was not limp?

This IS news.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

He says he is up for the challenge but as he reaches the tunnel his will deflates.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Then impress me next time the spending cuts issue comes up and don't raise the debt ceiling again in three months.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Then impress me next time the spending cuts issue comes up and don't raise the debt ceiling again in three months.
    Oh yeah, that will set the moonbats on critical alert! The repubs want to hold back medi care, your SS checks, military pay, you will all die if the bad bad repubs wont raise the cieling!! Oh Noes!

And we will cave.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Yes. The Big Govt GOP machine MUST raise the white flag before the battle begins. Otherwise ... oh my gosh! Otherwise the dems and the media (but I repeat myself) are going to say mean and nasty things. Oh the horror, the travesty! They might even lose favor on the DC cocktail circuit. Who can endure such a thing?

But... we talk with a big stick by golly... next time. Next time we'll show them! Or maybe the time after, I forget.

Yeah... thats the ticket.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

What do you mean "goes"? Boehner has had no backbone since the Empty Suit and his sidekick Captain Gaffer were elected back in 2008.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    “Looking back, what I should have done the day after the election was to make it clear the House has passed a bill to extend all of the current tax rates, the House has passed a bill to replace the sequester with cuts in mandatory spending, and the Senate ought to do its work,” Boehner said. “We’re ready, able and willing to work with the Senate as soon as they produce a bill. It should have been what I said. You know, again, hindsight is 20-20.”
    Nice try, Boner, but nobody is buying it. We know the game you guys are playing and we know that shrinking government, by either party, is the last thing that The Ruling Class intends doing.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ