Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Torture By Sesame Street At Guantanamo Bay: Al Jazeera 
    Big Bird
    Part-time children's educator, part-time torture mechanism.

In 2008, reports surfaced that detainees at Guantanamo Bay had been tortured by songs such as Metallica's "Enter Sandman" and Drowning Pool's "Bodies."

Now, a new documentary from Al Jazeera shows that detainees may also have been subjected to musical torture of a softer variety.

According to the report, prisoners at the U.S. detention camp at Guantanamo Bay Naval Base were forced to wear headphones blasting music from Sesame Street on repeat for hours or days on end.

Christopher Cerf, the award-winning composer of Sesame Street, was stunned to learn how his music was being exploited.
    Read More>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1557294.html
    What kind of beasts have we become, first we have non-consensual nasal irrigation and now Sesame Street and Barney loops playing endlessly.
    Make it stop make it stop, I'll talk, I'll kill for you!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I wouldn't consider being forced to listen to Enter Sandman torture. I would consider being forced to listen to or watch Barney to be torture. I am so glad my nieces and nephew are too old for that crap now.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I wouldn't consider being forced to listen to Enter Sandman torture. I would consider being forced to listen to or watch Barney to be torture. I am so glad my nieces and nephew are too old for that crap now.
    Rumor was that they made detainees watch the View. Just the sight of Joy Behar can bring a hardened jihadi to tears and the sound of her voice can pierce concrete.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Rumor was that they made detainees watch the View. Just the sight of Joy Behar can bring a hardened jihadi to tears and the sound of her voice can pierce concrete.
    Joy Behar could deflate anything, just thinking about her could cause many a dysfunction.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    ....Just the sight of Joy Behar can bring a hardened jihadi to tears .....
    I never heard it called a "jihadi" before, but she could sure as hell cause it to go limp.....

If torture is the goal play something from someone with no vocal talent, like Spingsteen or 99% of rap.
    Be Not Afraid.

Hey it could have been worse.....they could have shown them Barney the Dinosaur, The Tele-Tubbies or the collected speeches of Obama.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Hey it could have been worse.....they could have shown them Barney the Dinosaur, The Tele-Tubbies or the collected speeches of Obama.
    They are playing barney, look at the slide show at the link.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...#slide=1040548

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    If torture is the goal play something from someone with no vocal talent, like Spingsteen or 99% of rap.
    Springsteen used to be fun to listen to, but I can see repetitive streaming of anything after Born to Run being used as torture.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Sonnabend
    Two words: Barry Manilow.