1. #1 Um, Why Are Military Helicopters Firing Machine Guns Over Houston and Miami? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    DUmmies are afraid!!!

Tue Jan 29, 2013, 05:38 PM
    Fire Walk With Me

Um, Why Are Military Helicopters Firing Machine Guns Over Houston and Miami?

http://www.alternet.org/speakeasy/jo...ston-and-miami

The sight of Army helicopters and the sound of gunfire created a lot of concern Monday afternoon in one Houston neighborhood.

SkyEye 13 HD was over the south side where at first look, it appeared there was a massive SWAT scene happening.We received a lot of phones calls, Tweets and Facebook posts from worried neighbors, wondering what was going on.

With military helicopters flying above her southeast Houston neighborhood, Frances Jerrals didn't know what to think.

"When you see this, you think the worst. When you hear this, you think the worst," Jerrals said.

(More text and two videos at the link.)

It's been brought up before, just an exercise. But then...

Response to Earth_First (Reply #5)
    Tue Jan 29, 2013, 06:00 PM
    DollarBillHines (aka TomInTib)

7. A very impoverished neighborhood

I mean really poor people.

If the shit hits the fan in Houston, it will not happen there. It simply looks as if the Homeland Security jerks are simply flexing some muscle. If these were truly "drills", they would not be happening in the public eye. The military has all manner of urban mock-ups on Federal land.

On top of that, the risk of catastrophe is high in that kind kind of urban setting.
    nadin better be worried if he doesn't get TS soon...
    May the FORCE be with you!

RC (20,642 posts)

8. Getting ready for the coming insurrection and/or civil war the loons on the Right badly seem to want

I can think of no sane reason for military exercises, such as this, over civilization populations in this country, without plans in place to make it real at some future date...

Can't win elections? Take over and run things anyway.
    Aye Carumba. Barry is in charge, you dolts, and somehow this is "Bush's fault".
    Be Not Afraid.

It is part of President-Emperor Obama's new "Peace and Bread from the Sky" program, Citizen. Do not worry. Go back to sleep. Sleeeeeepppp.....

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    DUmmies are afraid!!!

It's been brought up before, just an exercise. But then...

nadin better be worried if he doesn't get TS soon...

When that type of thing happens in Detroit, we just assume it's being done for a movie. Hollywood loves using our stark urban setting for action movies. We also have lots of empty buildings that can be destroyed for the cameras. It saves the city the cost of tearing them down.

We actually do get some military flyovers, joint operations with the Canadian air force, flown on this side out of Selfridge ANG base. No firing of weapons is involved, but they basically practice flying together over Lakes St. Clair, Erie and Huron and the Detroit and St. Clair rivers, as those all are border waters.

Fabulous Poster
    There is an artesian well at which the public may fill bottles on the road to Half Moon Bay from San Mateo. Years ago, after the Chernobyl disaster, I joked with a friend that we should start a rumor at work that radiation had been detected in the water from the well to see how long it would take to hit the newspapers. We didn't do it. We were bored, but we weren't that bored.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why there is a barrage of bullshit on the internet every minute of every day. And yet, I have never read about some giant and sinister conspiracy to generate all of this disinformation and rumors. Given the history of such things, you would think that someone would have blamed it on the masons, the vatican, or the jews by now.

While we're on the subject, has anyone ever come up with a Unified Conspiracy Theory which actually maintains that the masons, the vatican, and the jews are one in the same?

Fabulous Poster
    Dear God, I just googled "unified conspiracy theory". Is it impossible to have an original thought these days?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Unified_Conspiracy_Theory

The Unified Conspiracy Theory is a conspiracy theory, popular with some paranoids, that all of reality is controlled by a single evil entity that has it in for them. It can be a political entity, like "The Illuminati", or a metaphysical entity, like Satan, but this entity is responsible for the creation and management of everything bad.

The Church of the SubGenius has adopted this notion as fundamental dogma.

Michael Barkun coined the term "superconspiracy" to refer the idea that the world is controlled by an interlocking hierarchy of conspiracies. Similarly, Michael Kelly, a neoconservative journalist, coined the term "fusion paranoia" in 1995 to refer to the blending of conspiracy theories of the left with those of the right into a unified conspiratorial worldview.[1]

This was played with in the Umberto Eco novel Foucault's Pendulum, in which the characters make up a conspiracy theory like this...except it turns out to be true.

Liberals try to say that citizens are carrying the same guns as the military and brand them as "assault weapons" yet here one of them is saying the military is using a "machine gun" I would say that in most cases they know the difference and only use the term to advance their anti-Constitution agenda.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Dear God, I just googled "unified conspiracy theory". Is it impossible to have an original thought these days?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Unified_Conspiracy_Theory

The Unified Conspiracy Theory is a conspiracy theory, popular with some paranoids, that all of reality is controlled by a single evil entity that has it in for them. It can be a political entity, like "The Illuminati", or a metaphysical entity, like Satan, but this entity is responsible for the creation and management of everything bad.

The Church of the SubGenius has adopted this notion as fundamental dogma.

Michael Barkun coined the term "superconspiracy" to refer the idea that the world is controlled by an interlocking hierarchy of conspiracies. Similarly, Michael Kelly, a neoconservative journalist, coined the term "fusion paranoia" in 1995 to refer to the blending of conspiracy theories of the left with those of the right into a unified conspiratorial worldview.[1]

This was played with in the Umberto Eco novel Foucault's Pendulum, in which the characters make up a conspiracy theory like this...except it turns out to be true.
    The truth is out there...

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Liberals try to say that citizens are carrying the same guns as the military and brand them as "assault weapons" yet here one of them is saying the military is using a "machine gun" I would say that in most cases they know the difference and only use the term to advance their anti-Constitution agenda.
    On facebook some libs were using a picture of President Reagan when he mentioned that civilian AK 47s were machine guns....he simply mispoke. Heck even snoopes said the quote was wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    On facebook some libs were using a picture of President Reagan when he mentioned that civilian AK 47s were machine guns....he simply mispoke. Heck even snoopes said the quote was wrong!
    Actually the term should be fully or semi-automatic as all of them are both guns and machines. We should all be on guard and correct the liberal hijacking of our language and its usage. That is why I call them pro-lifers and pro-deathers. We must be fair after all.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand