1. #1 Reports: 1 dead, cars on I-75 overturned after tornado in Adairsville, Georgia 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    January 30th, 2013 02:39 PM ET

LINK

Tons of damage a 1 death being reported...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    The weird, warm weather.... it's in the high 60s here in Northern Virginia and the sky has turned pretty black. They're calling for heavy rains and "squalls" starting - well, NOW.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Hope some of the rain holds together, we haven't had any rain in a while but it's the Dry Season.

Only rain we get now is when a big front pushes down.
    May the FORCE be with you!

They were warning of tornados in the St Louis area. I was concerned, but my son called and reassured us that they just got some well needed rain. I always would get nervous if it suddenly got too warm in that area during the winter or early spring, when it should be cold. I knew that we'd pay for the nice weather with one heck of a storm coming across the plains from the west. KC always got the bad weather first as those storms pushed east.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I saw this on the news and it looks horrible. We got lucky, I guess, with the change from 57 degrees yesterday to 23 currently (and blowing snow).

Adairsville is on the I-75 corridor-at first I was thinking it was near the Florida border, but that is Adele. But then I remembered-there was a battle there during the Civil War, one that is mentioned in GWTW. It was one of those stands before Sherman took Atlanta.