1. #1 What Comes After 4G? 
    Wait wait wait, we're talking about 5G mobile data now?! Ugh, but we just got 4G squared away. In any case, the ball is already rolling on the next generation of cellular technology, so we might as well figure out what in the hell IMT-Advanced is.
    IMT-Advanced is the prototype of what 5G mobile broadband will be...

IMT-Advanced will not be the next mobile data technology that Verizon or Sprint or AT&T try and sell you. It's what the WiMAX's and LTE's of the world will look to when jockeying to become the next mobile data spec. IMT has been one of the most influential organizations in developing mobile broadband standards over the past couple of decades, and now that they've put the finishing touches on their IMT-Advanced spec, that trend will continue. Think of it like those proto-cars at auto shows; you'll see them someday, but they'll go through some changes before hitting the road.
    ...brought into existence by the same people who created WiMax and LTE...

Two current standards are currently approved by IMT as meeting their Advanced spec: WirelessMAN-Advanced and and LTE-Advanced, which are based off the pre-existing WiMax and LTE technologies. LTE-Advanced is the obvious front runner, but you never know what could happen between now and then.
    Read More>http://gizmodo.com/5877997/what-comes-after-4g
    End of data caps, I'm ready!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

2. #2 Re: What Comes After 4G? 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    I've had 4G for almost a year, it is leaps & bounds beyond 3G. Qualify for another free phone in November. Hopefully 5G or whatever is ironed out by then.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

What comes after 4G?

BINGO!
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor