Thread: Explaining my absence

1. #1 Explaining my absence 
    Hi to all my CU friends and friendly adversaries. I have been out for a while, most of which can be blamed on working a new job @13 hours a day. I also lost my computer to old age. Now I have to fight for time with the wife and I don't have much time now anyway.

I just got back from the Phoenix 1/2 Marathon where I ran my best time ever. I finished in 1:38:13 or 7:30 per mile. I felt great afterwards and we drove thru the night back to Colorado. I even went to work Monday @ 12:00. On Tuesday, I got a tummy ache. I rarely get them. Wed-Sat it got worse but I could relieve it some by reclining and slowing down. Sunday I was working on my Miata all day and went home feeling terrible. I took all I could stands and I could stands no more! Called the wife at work and told her to come home and take me to the ER. My appendix was really angry so it had to go. Today I feel much better and should be back to work Monday. Running is another story. Doc says 3-4 weeks of NO RUNNING. Is he nuts?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Hey, you don't owe us anything, I'm glad you are ok!!! Good thing that didn't pop during the run!!!

Take it easy and welcome back!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

There is no point in running unless someone is chasing you, like a jealous husband or bear or Linda Numbers.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Welcome back and glad that your surgery went well. Now listen to the doc and wait to do that running. It's better than having to wait a really long time if you hurt yourself.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Did you get to keep your appendix? I've always felt that I should have the right to keep parts taken out, just like when I take my car to the mechanic.

For some reason, they didn't agree with me at the hospital when I wanted the leftover bits of my femur that they sawed off. Hmph.

Glad all is OK. That could have been pretty nasty. Take it easy and get ready to do the Music City Marathon in April.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Glad you are on the mend.

The appendix got me last May. It started with a stomach ache and kept getting worse. Not much fun.

Stay well, friend!

Congrats on the new job!

It's good they got your appendix before it burst or something. I'm sure you'll be up and running again soon.

Glad to hear that you're okay. Good job on the run, that's an impressive pace, and with the removal of the appendix, you should be lighter and faster.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Glad to hear that you're okay. Good job on the run, that's an impressive pace, and with the removal of the appendix, you should be lighter and faster.
    Oh, you're bad, there are much better methods of losing weight. Maybe I'll work on wind resistance (I'd have said drag, but some in here would misinterpret my meaning), next.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand