Thread: Skeetgate: Obama lied

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1 Skeetgate: Obama lied 
    Loss Prevention RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    14,759
    Thanks to the TheTruthAboutGuns.com for dubbing this “skeetgate”.

    Remember the other day when we published President Obama’s remarks in a recent interview?

    No, well here they are again:

    “Have you ever fired a gun?

    Yes, in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time.

    The whole family?

    Not the girls, but oftentimes guests of mine go up there.”

    Now, according to Fox News, sources close to the White House are saying the following:

    This has only happened with the president at Camp David, at most, a couple of times, according to a source who says he has been to the retreat on a half-dozen visits with Obama.

    “The only time he shot skeet was for President’s Cup,” said the source, referring to a shooting competition tradition involving the presidential Marine guards. “I was there. He stayed for about five minutes, and couldn’t leave fast enough.”

    http://gunssavelives.net/blog/obama-...aka-skeetgate/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    11,865
    Oh, no, he wasn't exact enough with his words regarding skeet shooting. He must be impeached!!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    6,715
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Oh, no, he wasn't exact enough with his words regarding skeet shooting. He must be impeached!!!!
    Give it a rest Noonie. All the story shows is that he lied...AGAIN!
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,639
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Oh, no, he wasn't exact enough with his words regarding skeet shooting. He must be impeached!!!!
    Out of curiosity, how much does someone have to lie to you before you will stop defending them? Do you still believe that the Lewinsky affair was concocted by a Vast, Rightwing Conspiracy? That the National Guard papers that Dan Rather presented were actually written in MS Word decades before the program existed? That the massacre in Benghazi was the result of a video that nobody saw or heard of? The Democratic Party has no integrity. It's members lie routinely in their never-ending quest for more power over us. They lie about big things and small ones, because they believe that anything that they do is justified by their personal superiority to us. This lie isn't an impeachable offense, and contempt for us isn't, either, but don't you ever get tired of defending people who look you in the eye and tell outlandish lies because they know that you will come to their aid? Doesn't their contempt, not for us, but for you, their defender, ever register?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Out of curiosity, how much does someone have to lie to you before you will stop defending them? Do you still believe that the Lewinsky affair was concocted by a Vast, Rightwing Conspiracy? That the National Guard papers that Dan Rather presented were actually written in MS Word decades before the program existed? That the massacre in Benghazi was the result of a video that nobody saw or heard of? The Democratic Party has no integrity. It's members lie routinely in their never-ending quest for more power over us. They lie about big things and small ones, because they believe that anything that they do is justified by their personal superiority to us. This lie isn't an impeachable offense, and contempt for us isn't, either, but don't you ever get tired of defending people who look you in the eye and tell outlandish lies because they know that you will come to their aid? Doesn't their contempt, not for us, but for you, their defender, ever register?
    For people like Noonwitch it doesn't matter, she knows he is lying but doesn't care. Integrity for her and her democratic leaders doesn't matter as long as their ideology gets advanced.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,085
    Because of Obama's own admission of using drugs (and I think I remember in one of his books mentioning depression), maybe we need more secret service around him to protect others when he is at Camp David, of course this would mean if he is telling the truth.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    11,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Out of curiosity, how much does someone have to lie to you before you will stop defending them? Do you still believe that the Lewinsky affair was concocted by a Vast, Rightwing Conspiracy? That the National Guard papers that Dan Rather presented were actually written in MS Word decades before the program existed? That the massacre in Benghazi was the result of a video that nobody saw or heard of? The Democratic Party has no integrity. It's members lie routinely in their never-ending quest for more power over us. They lie about big things and small ones, because they believe that anything that they do is justified by their personal superiority to us. This lie isn't an impeachable offense, and contempt for us isn't, either, but don't you ever get tired of defending people who look you in the eye and tell outlandish lies because they know that you will come to their aid? Doesn't their contempt, not for us, but for you, their defender, ever register?

    What Dan Rather did was wrong, and he ruined a long and distinguished career with his lie.

    I don't consider the Benghazi thing to be a deliberate lie. Whether the motive was "I hate America" or some stupid internet movie, it's still terrorism. There were attacks on other embassies at the time that were motivated by the stupid movie. It took a week to get through all the data and intelligence involved.

    I also don't think the comments, in full context, about skeet shooting at Camp David are a lie. If you take the first answer without context, which is what your side always does, then yes, it appears to be a lie. But if you look at the whole thing, it's not. He used "we" in the first answer, then clarified later that it wasn't his kids, it was guests.



    Deliberate lies are things like lying about a blow job, pretending a leader of another nation has weapons that he does not have to justify invading his country and deposing him, having your campaign officials hire people to break into your opponent's office for the purposes of installing illegal surveillence equipment then lying to Congress when asked about it. Then there's Iran-Contra: secretly selling weapons to a terrorist nation to raise funds to arm an army of drug-dealing nun killers because they were allegedly fighting communists in between slaughtering villages of civilians and smuggling cocaine into the United States, then telling Congress "I forgot" at the hearings on the matter.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    For people like Noonwitch it doesn't matter, she knows he is lying but doesn't care. Integrity for her and her democratic leaders doesn't matter as long as their ideology gets advanced.
    It's not ideology, so much as peer pressure. The Democrats have become like a high school clique of self-appointed cool kids, and they maintain their status by the same tricks that you'd see in a high school, namely bullying, gossip, manipulation of institutions (only the cool kids get on the school paper, the yearbook or anything else that defines the narrative) and group solidarity against outsiders. The politicians are the jocks, the Hollywood and media elites are the cheerleaders and the rich patrons of the party (George Soros, for example) are the rich kids. The uncool kids have their own clubs, but none of the cool kids is going to take the chess club's word over the football team's when a chess player gets pantsed in the locker room by a jock. The media's treatment of Sarah Palin was pretty much what you'd expect from a bunch of mean kids who didn't want to lose the class presidency. They lied about her, ridiculed her and shouted her down whenever she tried to defend herself. However, when the captain of the football team gets caught knocking up a freshman or lying about his extracurricular activities, they close ranks to defend him. This is why Clinton got a pass for Lewinsky and Obama gets a pass for all of his lies. When one of the cool kids gets caught cheating on an exam, their parents spring for a new gym and the scandal goes away, but let a nerdier kid do it and his life is over. When a jock drives his car into a ditch, the school bands together to lionize him (just as when a Democrat drives the economy into one), while his victims quietly seeth, or write something about him in the bathroom stalls (the high school version of alternative media). The school sees good-looking kids who show up for class and participate in sports and activities, and they work to keep them out of trouble. The outcasts are just that, and treated like it.

    Low information voters will cast their vote for the guy who throws touchdowns or the girl who looks hottest in the cheerleader outfit, and this gives them the illusion that they are part of the clique. Smarter liberals know that they are being scammed, but it's being done in the name of a good cause, and anyway, the alternative is hanging around with the AV squad. Noonie knows that the lies and delusions are destructive, but she can't bring herself to attack the cool clique, and by defending them, gets to join by proxy.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,022
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    What Dan Rather did was wrong, and he ruined a long and distinguished career with his lie.

    I don't consider the Benghazi thing to be a deliberate lie. Whether the motive was "I hate America" or some stupid internet movie, it's still terrorism. There were attacks on other embassies at the time that were motivated by the stupid movie. It took a week to get through all the data and intelligence involved.

    I also don't think the comments, in full context, about skeet shooting at Camp David are a lie. If you take the first answer without context, which is what your side always does, then yes, it appears to be a lie. But if you look at the whole thing, it's not. He used "we" in the first answer, then clarified later that it wasn't his kids, it was guests.



    Deliberate lies are things like lying about a blow job, pretending a leader of another nation has weapons that he does not have to justify invading his country and deposing him, having your campaign officials hire people to break into your opponent's office for the purposes of installing illegal surveillence equipment then lying to Congress when asked about it. Then there's Iran-Contra: secretly selling weapons to a terrorist nation to raise funds to arm an army of drug-dealing nun killers because they were allegedly fighting communists in between slaughtering villages of civilians and smuggling cocaine into the United States, then telling Congress "I forgot" at the hearings on the matter.
    Oh dont forget about Fast and Furious that killed 200+ people (how many people died due to watergate?) What you consider a lie due to libya doesn't matter, they lied....repeatedly and failed to help them.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Not to defend him on something so silly, but I have to say that my mother has long had the habit of saying things like, "Remember when we used to (do this)/(go there)? " There is no point in correcting her and it's quite possible that she remembers it that way, but many times the activity or destination she is referring to was a one time event.

    For example, she would probably have you believe that she went to Pow Wow every year for ten years when we had a place in Delaware. In reality, she went twice.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •