Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Not to defend him on something so silly, but I have to say that my mother has long had the habit of saying things like, "Remember when we used to (do this)/(go there)? " There is no point in correcting her and it's quite possible that she remembers it that way, but many times the activity or destination she is referring to was a one time event.

For example, she would probably have you believe that she went to Pow Wow every year for ten years when we had a place in Delaware. In reality, she went twice.
    Please your mother is prolly getting up there in age and is getting a little forgetful, whats obama excuse? ITS NOT SILLY, he is trying to take away your gun rights (a piece at a time) and lying about how much of a "sportsman" he is. God to you liberals is there any lie you can't tolerate?
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Oh dont forget about Fast and Furious that killed 200+ people (how many people died due to watergate?) What you consider a lie due to libya doesn't matter, they lied....repeatedly and failed to help them.
    How many people died because Clinton lied about a blow job?

How many people died because GWB and his administration lied about Saddam Hussein having weapons of mass destruction?

How many people died because Reagan sold weapons to Iran? How many people died because the DEA at the time was instructed by Reagan administration officials to look the other way when the Contras smuggled cocaine into this country, while at the same time, Reagan was fighting the so called war on drugs and incarcerating american citizens for far lesser drug crimes.

Politicians lie-they all do, on both sides. Your guys are no more righteous than my guys.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

How many people died because GWB and his administration lied about Saddam Hussein having weapons of mass destruction?

How many people died because Reagan sold weapons to Iran? How many people died because the DEA at the time was instructed by Reagan administration officials to look the other way when the Contras smuggled cocaine into this country, while at the same time, Reagan was fighting the so called war on drugs and incarcerating american citizens for far lesser drug crimes.

Politicians lie-they all do, on both sides. Your guys are no more righteous than my guys.
    I dont know how many times you liberals have to be told about this, it wasn't for a blow job that he was impeached, you know that whole "lying under oath thing" (you do know its wrong to do that no matter what the lie is about?) . He could have came right out and told the truth and gotten away with it.

Who said GWB lied? he had evidence that there were WMD there. I am sorry it didn't pan out the way he wanted it too. Heck I could provide a number of quotes from liberals that said he had them.

Fast and furious was Obama's attempt to cause so much gun havoc that which in turn he would use to enact his fucked up gun control ideas.

At least with Iran/contra Reagan was trying to get funds/weapons to anti communistic forces, not trying to cover up a blow job or trying to take gun rights away from people. (really important subjects to be sure)
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

I dont know how many times you liberals have to be told about this, it wasn't for a blow job that he was impeached, you know that whole "lying under oath thing" (you do know its wrong to do that no matter what the lie is about?) . He could have came right out and told the truth and gotten away with it.

Did you even read the first sentence of my post you responded to?

Who said GWB lied? he had evidence that there were WMD there. I am sorry it didn't pan out the way he wanted it too. Heck I could provide a number of quotes from liberals that said he had them.

Valerie Plame and Joe Wilson did, and the administration retaliated by outing her as a spy.

Fast and furious was Obama's attempt to cause so much gun havoc that which in turn he would use to enact his fucked up gun control ideas.

I really don't have enough information on that matter to comment intelligently.

At least with Iran/contra Reagan was trying to get funds/weapons to anti communistic forces, not trying to cover up a blow job or trying to take gun rights away from people. (really important subjects to be sure)

So the ends justify the means? He was lying to cover up his own hypocrisy, in that the Contras that he called "Freedom Fighters" were really just drug dealing thugs who committed atrocities in the name of anti-communism. At the same time, Reagan declared a war on drugs and incarcerated americans for the very same crimes being committed by people he was arming and funding.

I also don't think the comments, in full context, about skeet shooting at Camp David are a lie. If you take the first answer without context, which is what your side always does, then yes, it appears to be a lie. But if you look at the whole thing, it's not. He used "we" in the first answer, then clarified later that it wasn't his kids, it was guests.

“Have you ever fired a gun?

Yes, in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time.
    A lie...period.
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Don't you guys know time standards for liberals? 5 minutes is actually 5 years, and one time is actually 100 times. It falls into the same category as dog time..

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

What Dan Rather did was wrong, and he ruined a long and distinguished career with his lie.
    Which he continues to defend. Since then, we've seen his tactics multiplied. The selective editing of input has become a staple of the Praetorian press. On this very subject, The New Republic presented a Photoshopped photo of Obama with a shotgun as a factual rebuttal to the accusation of lying, i.e., presenting a second lie to cover up the first, and then they followed that up by blaming Twitter. This is Stalinist manipulation, and I'd expect it from the KGB, but not from the press of a free country, or at least one that wanted it to remain a free country.

I don't consider the Benghazi thing to be a deliberate lie. Whether the motive was "I hate America" or some stupid internet movie, it's still terrorism. There were attacks on other embassies at the time that were motivated by the stupid movie. It took a week to get through all the data and intelligence involved.
    Hardly. The personnel on the ground in Benghazi were in contact with the US throughout the firefight. They, and their superiors, knew that mortars and other heavy weapons don't just spontaneously appear in protests. We also now know that the compound where the fight took place wasn't a consulate, but a CIA compound, which raises several questions about their mission there. The simultaneous attacks were the result of al Qaeda coordinating multiple engagements on the anniversary of 9/11, in order to make the point that they were still combat effective despite Bin Laden's death. Many of the jihadis who attacked the Benghazi compound were later engaged in the Algerian Oil Refinery attack, which also resulted in American deaths, and some are in Mali, assisting in the consolidation of a new Islamist state which will provide staging areas for attacks throughout the region. The motive for the attack is therefore highly significant, since it is the difference between a spontaneous uproar over trivia and a series of planned and deliberate attacks on the United States.

I also don't think the comments, in full context, about skeet shooting at Camp David are a lie. If you take the first answer without context, which is what your side always does, then yes, it appears to be a lie. But if you look at the whole thing, it's not. He used "we" in the first answer, then clarified later that it wasn't his kids, it was guests.
    You have learned your Clintonian parsing well. Yes, if you slice the salami finely enough, you can almost evade the obvious falsehood, but it takes a very thin blade. In context, he did use the term "we", which would include him, and he said that "we" do it "all the time". Now, in my mind, "we" includes the speaker, as in, someone else and I, as opposed to a group which does not include the speaker, which would normally be referred to as "they". This is where Daffy Duck was say that we are having pronoun trouble. Obama used "we" to imply that when his friends shot skeet at Camp David, he did as well. The second part of Obama's statement was that he and his friends shot skeet "all of the time". Now, while one can take this to mean anything from fairly often to constantly, it does not apply to a one-time action, unless it is continuous, so if Obama has only shot skeet once, but that began the weekend of his inaugural and continued through today without a break, one could say that this singular occurance was "all of the time", and it would not be a stretch, but clearly, Obama has not been shooting skeet nonstop since he took office (unlike, say, golf). So, the question is, did he actually shoot with any regularity? For that, we go back to the OP, which includes the following statement:

The only time he shot skeet was for President’s Cup,” said the source, referring to a shooting competition tradition involving the presidential Marine guards. “I was there. He stayed for about five minutes, and couldn’t leave fast enough.”
    So, a one-time, five minute exposure to shooting would not constitute something done "all of the time", unless, of course, you are playing Clintonian games with the language.

BTW, the definition of "is": verb 1. 3rd person singular present indicative of be.

1. to exist or live: Shakespeare's “To be or not to be” is the ultimate question. 2. to take place; happen; occur: The wedding was last week.
    3. to occupy a place or position: The book is on the table.
    4. to continue or remain as before: Let things be.
    5. to belong; attend; befall: May good fortune be with you.

You Clintonistas seemed to have a problem with that.

Deliberate lies are things like lying about a blow job,
    Not to mention suborning perjury, obstructing justice and using taxpayer-funded jobs to buy off mistresses. Those are not just lies, but felonies, or, as the Constitution calls the, "high crimes."

pretending a leader of another nation has weapons that he does not have to justify invading his country and deposing him,
    Except that the leader of the other nation had used those weapons in previous wars, the previous administration made the same claims to his having them (and bombed him for it) and, oh yeah, he did have uranium:

The last major remnant of Saddam Hussein's nuclear program — a huge stockpile of concentrated natural uranium — reached a Canadian port Saturday to complete a secret U.S. operation that included a two-week airlift from Baghdad and a ship voyage crossing two oceans.

The removal of 550 metric tons of "yellowcake" — the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment — was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy. It also brought relief to U.S. and Iraqi authorities who had worried the cache would reach insurgents or smugglers crossing to Iran to aid its nuclear ambitions.

What's now left is the final and complicated push to clean up the remaining radioactive debris at the former Tuwaitha nuclear complex about 12 miles south of Baghdad — using teams that include Iraqi experts recently trained in the Chernobyl fallout zone in Ukraine.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/25546334/n...-uranium-iraq/

having your campaign officials hire people to break into your opponent's office for the purposes of installing illegal surveillence equipment then lying to Congress when asked about it.
    The second part of that statement is true, Nixon did lie about Watergate after the fact, but he was never proven to have authorized the break-ins or wiretaps.

Then there's Iran-Contra: secretly selling weapons to a terrorist nation to raise funds to arm an army of drug-dealing nun killers because they were allegedly fighting communists in between slaughtering villages of civilians and smuggling cocaine into the United States, then telling Congress "I forgot" at the hearings on the matter.
    Wow. Now who is playing with the truth? First, the Reagan administration sold a limited number of anti-armor weapons to Iran, in order to attempt to secure the release of American hostages in Lebanon (you libs always forget that part), while providing Saddam with satellite intel that allowed him to maneuver his armor around the Iranian forces (which negated the value of the weapons, and kept the two most anti-American regimes in the region locked in combat with each other for a decade). Second, you repeat every propaganda claim about the Contras, but let's remember that the Sandinistas were in the process of installing a totalitarian communist state in Central America. The Contras ended up winning power in the first fair election that the Sandinistas ran, despite their efforts at ACORN-style repression. Do you really think that the people of Nicaragua would have voted for what you described?

How many died because his SECDEF wouldn't provide armor to the commanders on the ground in Mogadishu? How many died because he wouldn't take out Bin Laden when he had the opportunity? How many people died when his AG barbecued the Branch Davidian compound and then lied about literally everything regarding the siege and subsequent assault.

None. He didn't lie.

Well, lots of Iranians and Iraqis died, but that was because we kept them fighting, which was actually a good thing. The cocaine fantasy is one of the left's big lies, but again, we are rehashing this.

Politicians do lie, but there are legitimate and illegitimate reasons to lie. A legitimate reason would be to weaken enemies of the United States and attempt to secure the release of Americans held hostage. An illegitimate reason would be to avoid the consequences of personal conduct, fix a court case (such as the Paula Jones lawsuit), obscure the facts surrounding a foreign policy debacle which will continue to have profound implications for our security in order to win an election or simply to create the impression that someone is something that he is not, such as a shooter of skeet, in order to feign credibility with opponents while undermining Constitutional protections.

The claim that "they all do it" is a crock, that simply lowers the bar for all politicians. And the fact is that while many of them do lie, we can always count on Democrats not to care when the lie is told by a Democrat, no matter how much that lie insults our intelligence, or how base the motives of the liar are.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

“Have you ever fired a gun?

Yes, in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time.
    That puts hussein in the same category as the phony Vietnam "hero veterans". He's trying to portray himself as someone he isn't in order to gain, in his mind, a measure of self respect that he lacks. Backdrop that against all the "me" and "I" you hear in his teleprompted speeches. He wants to be something bigger than what he knows of himself.

He's a phony, and deep inside, he's insecure because he knows that he's a phony. A lot of that came out in his autobiography. He steals credit from those around him who succeed, and blames anything that could be laid at his feet as president as somebody else's fault.

I wish a psychological profile of him would be made public. He's a sick man, and he has to lie.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Fabulous Poster
    Please your mother is prolly getting up there in age and is getting a little forgetful, whats obama excuse? ITS NOT SILLY, he is trying to take away your gun rights (a piece at a time) and lying about how much of a "sportsman" he is. God to you liberals is there any lie you can't tolerate?
    He's a POS. True dat. It's not our fault you ran Romney. I would have voted for Gingrich. But you had a pecking order starting with stupid and superstitious and working your way up from him.

The claim that "they all do it" is a crock
    This is the one statement that proves my(and your) theory that liberals are nothing more than teenagers who refused to grow up. Actually, they're 7 year olds who refuse to grow up. I mean, talk about a group of people who you constantly have to tell "if they jumped off a cliff, would you do it too?"
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.