Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Looking more doubtful now as each day passes. The vote's been delayed...it's turning out he's been getting speaking $$$ from organizations with names like "Friends of Hamas"...and from Turkey. And he's refusing to give full disclosure on all the money he's taken and from whom.

Not even the White House is trying to defend him and they picked him.

IMO right now it's 60/40 against him making it.
    However, if he is confirmed, the left won't say a word even though Hagel is a fake Republican because if he was chosen by the chosen one then he has to be good, right? No matter what. The left always looks past ant transgression as long at the person in question agrees with their world view.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Looking more doubtful now as each day passes. The vote's been delayed...it's turning out he's been getting speaking $$$ from organizations with names like "Friends of Hamas"...and from Turkey. And he's refusing to give full disclosure on all the money he's taken and from whom.

Not even the White House is trying to defend him and they picked him.

IMO right now it's 60/40 against him making it.
    I did not see that. I think he will still get confirmed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    However, if he is confirmed, the left won't say a word even though Hagel is a fake Republican because if he was chosen by the chosen one then he has to be good, right? No matter what. The left always looks past ant transgression as long at the person in question agrees with their world view.
    Yeah, as long as you agree with their ideology, you can get away with anything.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    When he starts his national watermelon day, we'll know it's Gator. Another similarityto Gator is never answeromg a direct question. You can press and press for a reply, but he usually just ignores. That's classic Gator style.

Plus he uses the key words like neocon and does the anti-Israeli song and dance.
    I think that he and Gator read a lot of the same sources and hold many of the same opinions, but Gator was a genuine anti-Semite, while Molon is (I hope) simply an extreme Libertarian in the Ron Paul mode, who seeks to minimize parts of the government that must not be weakened to the point where they can no longer function, specifically the DOD. He also has an irrational hatred of Bill Kristol and PNAC, and projects that on anyone who cites anything that they have written or presented. Ron Paul's inability to understand the dynamics of the Middle East and America's position in the world made him unsuitable for the presidency. It's unfortunate, because in those areas where he is right about the Constitution, he is absolutely on the side of the angels.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I did a fair share of ceremonies for seemingly innocuous civilian positions within the DoD and the Army after 2009. All of them had ties to the Clinton Administration or some Liberal think tank.

The potential replacement for Hagel...Michelle Flournoy was one of them.

She'll do just as much if not more damage to the DoD than Hagel.

I don't think Hagel's gonna make it...but the down side is that his potential replacement is worse.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I did a fair share of ceremonies for seemingly innocuous civilian positions within the DoD and the Army after 2009. All of them had ties to the Clinton Administration or some Liberal think tank.

The potential replacement for Hagel...Michelle Flournoy was one of them.

She'll do just as much if not more damage to the DoD than Hagel.

I don't think Hagel's gonna make it...but the down side is that his potential replacement is worse.
    Any Obama appointee will do as much damage as they can, but Hagel's performance in the hearings, his refusal to disclose his speaking engagements and affiliations and his history of supporting America's enemies make him an appalling choice. If he is confirmed after the way that he punted the hearings, then there is no point to holding hearings.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I said it would happen and it did. The Senate Panel approved Hagel as Defense Secretary. The dog and pony show was nothing more than a circus act brought on by the biggest clowns in this country .

Read more: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sen...ry_latest_news

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

7. #37 Re: Hagel's Senate confirmation hearing shocks supporters 
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I said it would happen and it did. The Senate Panel approved Hagel as Defense Secretary. The dog and pony show was nothing more than a circus act brought on by the biggest clowns in this country .

Read more: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sen...ry_latest_news
    Why even bother having confirmation hearings if you can tank it that badly and still be confirmed?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    --Odysseus

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Why even bother having confirmation hearings if you can tank it that badly and still be confirmed?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    How bout that, these Republicans have nerves of steel!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I would like to take this moment to welcome my new boss, and express my regret for anything negative that may be construed about our carnivorous overlords.
    --Odysseus

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I would like to take this moment to welcome my new boss, and express my regret for anything negative that may be construed about our carnivorous overlords.
    This is how we conservatives may soon view the world.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg