Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    It was being reported today that the Republicans have blocked Hagels appointment. I am shocked! He lost it by 2 votes. Reid is disappointed, as he feels Hagel is a true American patriot. We all know that Reid is an idiot. Reid also said that he will muster up another vote on Monday when they reconvene ... Look for some back room deals and bribes to happen here.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I would like to take this moment to welcome my new boss, and express my regret for anything negative that may be construed about our carnivorous overlords.
    I don't think you have to worry about it. It looks like it's going to get shot down anyway.

not that you're really worried anyhow.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    I don't think you have to worry about it. It looks like it's going to get shot down anyway.

not that you're really worried anyhow.
    Oh, I'm quite worried. The idea of a SECDEF who takes money from groups with names like Friends of Hamas scares me as much as a SECDEF who was a CPUSA member would have in 1970. I'm also worried about the future of my family if a rabid anti-Semite gets into a position of power. And while we're on the subject of rabid anti-Semites, here are Buchanan's quotes, which you claimed we need to examine for their "truth". Once again, I want to know which of these you consider to be true, and which you don't. If you don't have the guts to answer, then by all means continue to evade the questions, as you aren't fooling anyone. Here they are again:

“Iran doesn’t frighten me and I don’t think it should frighten the American people. They don’t have a bomb. They haven’t made a decision to build one…and the Israelis have 300 atomic bombs. Who presents the existential threat to whom?” http://www.nationalreview.com/media-...rael-noah-glyn

“If you want to know ethnicity and power in the United States Senate, 13 members of the Senate are Jewish folks who are from 2 percent of the population. That is where real power is at..” (“The McLaughlin Group,” Feb. 2, 2007)

“Israel and its Fifth Column…seek to stampede us into war with Iran.”
    From a July 2008 column

"If U.S. Jewry takes the clucking appeasement of the Catholic cardinalate as indicative of our submission, it is mistaken. When Cardinal O'Connor of New York declares this 'is not a fight between Catholics and Jews,' he speaks for himself. Be not afraid, Your Eminence; just step aside, there are bishops and priests ready to assume the role of defender of the faith.

2010: “If [Elena] Kagan [President Obama’s nominee to the Supreme Court] is confirmed, Jews, who represent less than 2 percent of the U.S. population, will have 33 percent of the Supreme Court seats. Is this Democrats’ idea of diversity?”
    -- Column, “Are Liberals Anti-WASP?” May 14, 2010

“They charge us with anti-Semitism…The truth is, those hurling these charges harbor a 'passionate attachment' to a nation not our own that causes them to subordinate the interests of their own country and to act on an assumption that, somehow, what's good for Israel is good for America.”
    -- Neo-Conned! Just War Principles: A Condemnation of War in Iraq,

"The problem is: Diesel engines do not emit enough carbon monoxide to kill anybody."
    - NY Post, March 17, 1990 (from a column about the trial of accused Nazi war criminal John Demjanjuk)

"In the late 1940’s and 1950’s…race was never a preoccupation with us, we rarely thought about it….There were no politics to polarize us then, to magnify every slight. The ‘Negroes’ of Washington had their public schools, restaurants, bars, movie houses, playgrounds and churches; and we had ours."
    - Right From the Beginning

2006: “Today, we find such world views repellent. But, if racism means a belief in the superiority of the white race and its inherent right to rule other peoples, American history is full of such men. Indeed, few great men could be found in America or Europe before WWII who did no accept white supremacy as natural.”
    -- State of Emergency: The Third World Invasion and Conquest of America, P. 85
    So, will you answer, or run and hide?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Oh, I'm quite worried. The idea of a SECDEF who takes money from groups with names like Friends of Hamas scares me as much as a SECDEF who was a CPUSA member would have in 1970. I'm also worried about the future of my family if a rabid anti-Semite gets into a position of power. And while we're on the subject of rabid anti-Semites, here are Buchanan's quotes, which you claimed we need to examine for their "truth". Once again, I want to know which of these you consider to be true, and which you don't. If you don't have the guts to answer, then by all means continue to evade the questions, as you aren't fooling anyone. Here they are again:

“Iran doesn’t frighten me and I don’t think it should frighten the American people. They don’t have a bomb. They haven’t made a decision to build one…and the Israelis have 300 atomic bombs. Who presents the existential threat to whom?” http://www.nationalreview.com/media-...rael-noah-glyn

“If you want to know ethnicity and power in the United States Senate, 13 members of the Senate are Jewish folks who are from 2 percent of the population. That is where real power is at..” (“The McLaughlin Group,” Feb. 2, 2007)

“Israel and its Fifth Column…seek to stampede us into war with Iran.”
    From a July 2008 column

"If U.S. Jewry takes the clucking appeasement of the Catholic cardinalate as indicative of our submission, it is mistaken. When Cardinal O'Connor of New York declares this 'is not a fight between Catholics and Jews,' he speaks for himself. Be not afraid, Your Eminence; just step aside, there are bishops and priests ready to assume the role of defender of the faith.

2010: “If [Elena] Kagan [President Obama’s nominee to the Supreme Court] is confirmed, Jews, who represent less than 2 percent of the U.S. population, will have 33 percent of the Supreme Court seats. Is this Democrats’ idea of diversity?”
    -- Column, “Are Liberals Anti-WASP?” May 14, 2010

“They charge us with anti-Semitism…The truth is, those hurling these charges harbor a 'passionate attachment' to a nation not our own that causes them to subordinate the interests of their own country and to act on an assumption that, somehow, what's good for Israel is good for America.”
    -- Neo-Conned! Just War Principles: A Condemnation of War in Iraq,

"The problem is: Diesel engines do not emit enough carbon monoxide to kill anybody."
    - NY Post, March 17, 1990 (from a column about the trial of accused Nazi war criminal John Demjanjuk)

"In the late 1940’s and 1950’s…race was never a preoccupation with us, we rarely thought about it….There were no politics to polarize us then, to magnify every slight. The ‘Negroes’ of Washington had their public schools, restaurants, bars, movie houses, playgrounds and churches; and we had ours."
    - Right From the Beginning

2006: “Today, we find such world views repellent. But, if racism means a belief in the superiority of the white race and its inherent right to rule other peoples, American history is full of such men. Indeed, few great men could be found in America or Europe before WWII who did no accept white supremacy as natural.”
    -- State of Emergency: The Third World Invasion and Conquest of America, P. 85
    So, will you answer, or run and hide?
    Yes...since you are obsessed with believing that Hagel is a closet Nazi I will try. I'm not sure what I'm trying to "fool".

No Iran doesn't frighten me.

No I don't think Israel is a 5th column

No I don't think Jews control the congress. I think the US government is a feeding trough for every special interest in the world that can get a handout. That would pertain to any domestic organization that thinks it can get money from US taxpayers. Every country on earth tries to lobby the US government. I don't think their is any conspiracy to do so by Jews over anyone else. The Islamic nations that lobby our government actually have a great amount of influence in this country. Do you believe I am racist for claiming that?

One of my favorite films for it's raw emotion and documentation of WW2 is a 10 hour documentary called "Shoah" by Claude Lanzaman. I make a point to watch it ever so often. So I don't believe in holocaust denial nor that Treblinka never happened. I've watched too many eyewitness accounts. It is one of the most important subjects to stay abreast of.

Neocon is a term devised by themselves. If they don't like it then Irving Kristol should have never attached it to his philosophy. Critical evaluation of a philosophy does not equate anti Semitism. Just as my hatred of Communism devised by Marx does not equal such.

I don't subscribe to any racism. You can't find a post in my history that is racist. Listening to what someone says on it's face value is not a blanket pass on all of their beliefs. Even Marx said things that were true.

The last two I have no opinion on. They seem to be an observation that racism isn't something unique to the US. I've never read the books so I don't know the context and I don't have any opinion on it either way. You believe Buchanan is a closet Nazi. I don't.

Hope this all helps you figure some things out. Haven't been in a strange alternate universe of Godwin's Law for some time. It's been entertaining though.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Yes...since you are obsessed with believing that Hagel is a closet Nazi I will try. I'm not sure what I'm trying to "fool".

No Iran doesn't frighten me.
    That's only half the answer. Buchanan claimed that Iran hasn't made a decision to build a bomb. He is clearly deluded, as they have repeatedly stated their intention to build one. Do you share his delusion?

No I don't think Israel is a 5th column
    Again, half the statement. Do you believe, as Buchanan states, that Israel is attempting to lure the United States into war?

No I don't think Jews control the congress. I think the US government is a feeding trough for every special interest in the world that can get a handout. That would pertain to any domestic organization that thinks it can get money from US taxpayers. Every country on earth tries to lobby the US government. I don't think their is any conspiracy to do so by Jews over anyone else. The Islamic nations that lobby our government actually have a great amount of influence in this country. Do you believe I am racist for claiming that?
    Not at all.

One of my favorite films for it's raw emotion and documentation of WW2 is a 10 hour documentary called "Shoah" by Claude Lanzaman. I make a point to watch it ever so often. So I don't believe in holocaust denial nor that Treblinka never happened. I've watched too many eyewitness accounts. It is one of the most important subjects to stay abreast of.
    So, when Buchanan claims that carbon monoxide couldn't have been used by the Nazis, what is your take on his statement?

Neocon is a term devised by themselves. If they don't like it then Irving Kristol should have never attached it to his philosophy. Critical evaluation of a philosophy does not equate anti Semitism. Just as my hatred of Communism devised by Marx does not equal such.

I don't subscribe to any racism. You can't find a post in my history that is racist. Listening to what someone says on it's face value is not a blanket pass on all of their beliefs. Even Marx said things that were true.

The last two I have no opinion on. They seem to be an observation that racism isn't something unique to the US. I've never read the books so I don't know the context and I don't have any opinion on it either way. You believe Buchanan is a closet Nazi. I don't.
    Hardly. The first statement is Buchanan saying that segregation wasn't that bad, and the second is that white supremacy was one of the doctrines that made America great. I consider him a not so closeted bigot, and the evidence is there.

Hope this all helps you figure some things out. Haven't been in a strange alternate universe of Godwin's Law for some time. It's been entertaining though.
    So, you disagree with most of what Buchanan said, but when I posted them the first time, that wasn't what you said:

Yep. Seriously TWS? We believe what we wish to believe.

Because it's not that what Buchanan Larions, McConnel, AND REALIST SCHOLAR LAWLER says is "untrue". Or that what Hagel said that TWS quotes is untrue.
    So, if you don't believe that what Buchanan and Hagel said about Jews is true, then why did you say what you did?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!