Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think you know the answer without even asking it.
    And strangely enough you never find fault with any of his policies.
    Be Not Afraid.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    It wasn't Rumsfeld, it was Les Aspen. Halliburton has had the LOGCAP contract since the mid -90s and this kind of contracting was in place when the US went into the Balkans.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Let me check on that. I know there were people in military circles furious at Rumsfeld for outsourcing basic functions and I recall the discussion of food and water, among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Let me check on that. I know there were people in military circles furious at Rumsfeld for outsourcing basic functions and I recall the discussion of food and water, among other things.
    They may have been mad at Rumsfeld, but they can't change the fact it was indeed in the '90s when that stuff got majorly outsourced (some had started in the late '80s). It was all part of the "peace dividend."
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    What Rumsfeld did was push green suiters out of garrison jobs and jobs that they wouldn't get deployed in...and back into line units.

He backfilled those positions with DA civilians. I think that's what you may be thinking about.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    What do you think the troops would eat for breakfast if they were at home? The last time I ate cafeteria breakfast food was, oddly enough, in the hospital. Otherwise, I eat rice and vegetables for breakfast. I would eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich except that I can't keep peanut butter in the house due to my uncontrollable urge to eat it.

Guess what, they are not at home.

On top of that, depending what hours they are on duty, breakfast could actually be their dinner...or the only chance they get a hot meal for the day.