Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Dork
    Witty!

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Witty!
    Thank you.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Thank you.
    Still doesn't change the fact that the article doesn't contain anything to suggest that President Obama had anything to do with the decision to cut back on hot food service.

Still doesn't change the fact that the article doesn't contain anything to suggest that President Obama had anything to do with the decision to cut back on hot food service.
    Just looking at his and his wife's history should give you some idea how far they stick their noses into peoples eating habits.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

5. #25 Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan 
    Grow up.
    That's about what I expected of you. Its your typical response when you don't know what the hell you're talking about and get called on it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

6. #26 Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan 
    Where do you think directives like that come from? No one in theater wakes up one morning and drafts an order like this.

Seriously...you should really STFU on things like this. You don't have a clue about what you're saying.

In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

7. #27 Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Your eating once or twice at the above places means absolutely nothing when compairing it to how much a hot meal means to troopers deployed at a firebase or post in the middle of nowhere for an extended period of time. Again you show just what an idiot you are when it comes to the lives of servicemembers and should just shut the fuck up on the subject...and on anything about the military as well.
    What he not telling us is that he ate at the food court at those places. If he was ever really there at all.

Blaphemy! Everyone knows that privatization putsmoneyinthepocketsofmillionaires, I mean saves money. Just ask Rick Scott.
    Hardly. Privatizing military functions leads to decreased costs in peacetime, but increased costs in wartime. For example, most units had cooks assigned at the company level, so that field feeding was done at a relatively small cost, but the bean counters in the 90's decided that they could eliminate those positions as part of the total drawdown of the force, and make it up with consolidated DFACs throughout CONUS. It did save money, but when we ramped up for Iraq, those positions didn't come back, and we had to establish the same kind of DFACs throughout theater, with combat pay for the civilians who run them. The various contractors managed to find Third Country Nationals (TCNs) to run them at lower cost, but the overall cost was still higher than paying Soldiers to do it, expecially when the cooks ended up being needed to oversee the operaions.

Uh, no. From the article:

Officials stressed other comforts at the forward operating bases may also soon be reduced, such as laundry and recreation, as officials look for other ways to reduce the American footprint in advance of departing the country.

“In order to set the conditions for each base closure or a base transfer, non-tactical logistics and support services (i.e. any non-mission essential services) must decline. Typically the complete cessation of non-tactical logistics and services, such as laundry services or morale, welfare and recreation services, occurs 2-3 months prior to a base closure or transfer,” Lt. Col. Paul Haverstick said.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2JwMwxW3H
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
    The decision to withdraw precipitously was Obama's, therefore the effects are his.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

If they want to cut costs...they need to start at places like Kandahar and Kabul where you have 6-7 DFACS in addition to fast food vendors...before they start cutting services at the forward areas.

10. #30 Re: Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan 
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    If they want to cut costs...they need to start at places like Kandahar and Kabul where you have 6-7 DFACS in addition to fast food vendors...before they start cutting services at the forward areas.
    Except that the FOBs are the first to shut down in this kind of drawdown and it costs more to run food service out there. The economy of scale for having multiple DFACs in one location is significant, especially when you factor in the way that drawn down units will go through those big bases when they redeploy. This isn't about saving money. Democrats don't care about that. It's about demonstrating that we are subordinate to them and punishing the troops.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!