Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 What type of person does it take to be a sniper?? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    kentuck. Scum.

Sun Feb 3, 2013, 04:42 PM
    kentuck

What type of person does it take to be a sniper??

Obviously not someone that has a lot of respect for life, so long as the person they are killing is the "enemy". The "enemy" is non-human. I'm sure there are many rationalizations before they pull the trigger? They are doing it for their country. They are only killing them before they kill you or your friends. That is the nature of "war". They will sleep like a baby after a good head shot. Have you ever wondered what it takes to be a sniper?
    Time to watch the game...
    May the FORCE be with you!

This is hilarious. Barry is giving the order to kill using drones to kill from above (including civilians and American citizens), indiscriminately, circumventing Congress, the UN is looking at war crimes charges as a result of this policy yet they can't seem to put it together that it's 100 times worse than the sniper that is killing only the enemy on orders from his commanders.

What type of a person does it take to be Barry?
    Be Not Afraid.

What kind of person does it take to be a sniper? Well kentuck, let me tell you...

The kind that goes in with one other man. The kind that says, my country or theirs. The kind with skill and precision that drones won't have... The kind that use a scope, not sights...see faces not shapes.

Make no mistake kentuck, I know to whom you are referring.... Make no mistake kentuck you will NEVER even reach that man's bootstrings!

You are the filth bringing this country down! Not that you even care....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

4. #4 Here's an interesting reply to the OP... 
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    kentuck. Scum.

Time to watch the game...

AzSweet (85 posts)

59. One of the most ...

uninformed, uncompassionate, idiotic posts I've ever seen here...My husband was a sniper in Viet Nam...a self described "big dumb kid from California"....do you think he never struggled with what the government trained him to do in war? Do you think it didnt take him years to reconcile his soul? I dont think we should have been there, and am among those that think war is a huge racket....but dont disrespect those that did as they were trained, and who thought they were there protecting US...Flag me if you want...but fuck you!

Corked your pistol, Kentuck. BEYOTCH!!!
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Well done Az!!!

They will sleep like a baby after a good head shot.
    I remember reading a great magazine article about a sniper. Mark my words. This man does not sleep like a baby. I'm not the kind of person who says something like this but Kentuck needs to kill themselves or at least move from this country. I hear Cuba is nice this time of year.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I swear, there are some days that reading DU just makes my skin crawl.

A lot of those people are just detestable...

Does Kentuck mean a military sniper? Or a killer using sniper techniques, like Charles Whitman shooting people from the bell tower or something? His question is legitimate when discussing the latter, we all ask how does someone get to the point where he is shooting randomly, but accurately, at innocent people in a public place.

It would kind of freak me out if I was watching the Super Bowl with Kentuck and he started talking about snipers, though.

9. #9 Of course he means a military sniper. Hating the military is de riguer at DU. 
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Does Kentuck mean a military sniper? Or a killer using sniper techniques, like Charles Whitman shooting people from the bell tower or something? His question is legitimate when discussing the latter, we all ask how does someone get to the point where he is shooting randomly, but accurately, at innocent people in a public place.

It would kind of freak me out if I was watching the Super Bowl with Kentuck and he started talking about snipers, though.
    They're dancing in Chris Kyle's blood over at DU because he dared to promote a book about his experiences as a sniper and was unrepentant about the lives he'd taken. And worse still in the DUmmy's eyes, he started a company that teaches this type of marksmanship to others. They hated him like they hate President Bush.
    Last edited by Jim54; 02-04-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I swear, there are some days that reading DU just makes my skin crawl.

A lot of those people are just detestable...
    Has anyone ever actually counted how many active users there are on DU and of that set how many are III (Ignorant, Irrational, Irrelevant)? The couple of times I was a member there, despite their claims of enormous membership, it seemed like there were no more than four dozen active posters and perhaps a revolving couple of dozen of drive-bys.

Which is not to say that there are not people who mesh somewhat ideologically with the DU bunch who have never heard of DU. Let me assure you that most Democrats and/or liberals have never heard of DU. I myself only learned about DU from people on conservative bulletin boards complaining that "Democrats say this or that..."

On the whole, I found DU and FR to be a match made in Hell. Both contain irrational people who look to the internet only for validation and who despise opposing viewpoints, banning those who have them.