Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I swear, there are some days that reading DU just makes my skin crawl.

A lot of those people are just detestable...
    I'm amazed to see this post. I keep saying that reading DU is a waste of time and have never looked at it. I hate thinking that there are as many people with that mindset. Life is too short to waste it on detestable people. It's tough enough getting through the Obama reign of terror without reading the crap from the type of people who voted him back into office.

Back to the subject at hand, just read that the person accused of killing Chris was a vet with PTSD that he and his friend were trying to help. It sounds like they had gone to the range, trying to help the guy, who turned on them. Everything about Chris even in the MSM seems to be saying what a good guy he is, how much he's been doing to help vets.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Power CUer
    I saw the subject question and thought, "Well, great vision, a steady hand, a calm personality....." because I didn't notice it was from DU.
    I'm sure glad we had those snipers who took out the pirates with one simultaneous shot, and saved the people from the Maersk Alabama (2009).
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Don't jump on me for being "anti-gun" - I'm not - but is a firing range the best place for someone with PTSD problems?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Has anyone ever actually counted how many active users there are on DU and of that set how many are III (Ignorant, Irrational, Irrelevant)? The couple of times I was a member there, despite their claims of enormous membership, it seemed like there were no more than four dozen active posters and perhaps a revolving couple of dozen of drive-bys.

Which is not to say that there are not people who mesh somewhat ideologically with the DU bunch who have never heard of DU. Let me assure you that most Democrats and/or liberals have never heard of DU. I myself only learned about DU from people on conservative bulletin boards complaining that "Democrats say this or that..."

On the whole, I found DU and FR to be a match made in Hell. Both contain irrational people who look to the internet only for validation and who despise opposing viewpoints, banning those who have them.
    DU has over 200K User Registrations but anyone with a half a brain knows this is not Active Users which is totally different. A lot of the DUmmies use the 200K number in posts but I can't believe any of them are THAT stupid. BadCat had a way of getting real numbers from DU and I think the active member number is 2 or 3 thousand, I may be off on that. That is still a large # but again, it depends on what they consider ACTIVE to be. Most board software lets you change the metrics and I'm sure they are no different. Does it mean a member that has posted in the last 30-60-90-120 days??? That can affect your answer greatly.

And FR has it's nuts too, no doubt about it.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    DU has over 200K User Registrations but anyone with a half a brain knows this is not Active Users which is totally different. A lot of the DUmmies use the 200K number in posts but I can't believe any of them are THAT stupid. BadCat had a way of getting real numbers from DU and I think the active member number is 2 or 3 thousand, I may be off on that. That is still a large # but again, it depends on what they consider ACTIVE to be. Most board software lets you change the metrics and I'm sure they are no different. Does it mean a member that has posted in the last 30-60-90-120 days??? That can affect your answer greatly.

And FR has it's nuts too, no doubt about it.

DU probably still counts me as a member, and I haven't posted there since 2008, when they got their whole "bros before hos" thing going during the primaries.

What does it take to become a sniper, DU asks.

How about they ask this same question of others?

What does it take to sell drugs to kids? a bastard with no conscience

What does it take to molest kids? An evil bastard with no soul

What does it take to murder kids? A monster without the slightest trace of humanity.

These are the questions they should be asking, but don't.

What does that say about DU.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.