1. #1 I never watch the Super Bowl 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Why Parrot Brain thinks anyone cares...

Sun Feb 3, 2013, 09:09 PM
    nadinbrzezinski

I never watch the Super Bowl

But this power outage is a sign of where we are infrastructure wise. Between CNN and CBS.

The story will not be who wins, but how much we have to invest...and I expect the power company to blame everybody but...
    nadin, Master of Infrastructure!!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Oh. My.

These people have no clue.

First off, the outage was likely an internal event; most facilities that size, drawing that much power, have their own on-site substation(s).

If it was a grid infrastructure problem, it likely would have taken down the entire facility. This was probably a main buss duct failure; a building like the dome would likely have 4-5 busses fed by their substation.

Granted, electrical infrastructure in this country is outdated and vulnerable, but the power outage at the dome was not a particular symptom of it.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

~John Adams

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    LOL!!! I think she added 3 or 4 people to her Ignore List on that thread!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    LOL!!! I think she added 3 or 4 people to her Ignore List on that thread!!!!
    Her curiosity and controlling personality won't allow her to not read them.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg