Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Gee, David - STFU! You act like it's your show. What a bitch!
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Letterman hasn't been funny in years. He always ran second to Carson and then Carson's replacement Leno, (another Liberal) . I don't care that these guys are Liberal. I don't even mind political humor. I don't like one-sided political "humor." Nobody hired these guys to influnce politics. Funny how the DIMS/LIBS want fairness in media. What morons. If I were a liberal (spew), I wouldn't give up the monopoly I enjoyed in the media.

Craig Ferguson however is funny to me. He is also a liberal but tends to spread the humor between Conservatives and liberals. Quite tolerable.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Well, there should be a Conservative comedian late night host then. Someone that could show us libs how a real joke is constructed……. and delivered……..oh - wait. Rush already tried that, and it turned out to be an utter disaster, run in-between infomercials by Thomas Woo and Vegimatic.

Sorry - nevermind. :(
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

I don't recall ever watching David Letterman. He always seemed obnoxious and creepy to me.

I stay up for Red Eye with Greg Gutfield every night. It is the wackiest show on TV.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Letterman hasn't been funny in years. He always ran second to Carson and then Carson's replacement Leno, (another Liberal) . I don't care that these guys are Liberal. I don't even mind political humor. I don't like one-sided political "humor." Nobody hired these guys to influnce politics. Funny how the DIMS/LIBS want fairness in media. What morons. If I were a liberal (spew), I wouldn't give up the monopoly I enjoyed in the media.

Craig Ferguson however is funny to me. He is also a liberal but tends to spread the humor between Conservatives and liberals. Quite tolerable.
    Does this obsession with democrats come off as unhealthy to anyone else? I mean god, have a couple drinks and just enjoy yourself for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Does this obsession with democrats come off as unhealthy to anyone else? I mean god, have a couple drinks and just enjoy yourself for once.
    Oh snap! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Not as unhealthy as your obsession with Obaaaahma.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I don't recall ever watching David Letterman. He always seemed obnoxious and creepy to me.

I stay up for Red Eye with Greg Gutfield every night. It is the wackiest show on TV.
    One of Letterman's associates, an ex-copy from NYC, was an intern on the show. He then did skits and wrote some of their newsletters. He told me that he was a Rush fan. I'm sure he's in an uncomfortable position.

He even put my mom's name in the newsletter and wished her a happy birthday. Another time he wished the Cards good luck in the Series---and used my name in the wish that went all over the country.

I no longer correspond as I told him that David had gotten so obnoxious in his Republican bashing that I could no longer watch the show. I'm one of those stubborn people with principles---I told him that 5 years ago and still won't watch Letterman,

Sonnabend
    Letterman lost it years ago...he used to be funny, but these days even his guests look uncomfortable with his barbs.

I am not sure when this was...but one guest was NOT impressed when he made a drinking joke..and the guest was a recovering alcoholic. I see him from time to time..the guy is so full of himself it isn't funny.

Johnny Carson WAS funny...and his envelope skits were classics. See..Carson never got personal with people, and even with his political jokes..he seemed to stay on his side of the line if you get my drift.

Letterman is way too pushy.

Carson was a gentleman...Letterman, a pale imitation.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    You watch that too? What the hell? So do I, I thought a show like that would be too "loose" for you.

<3

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    One of Letterman's associates, an ex-copy from NYC, was an intern on the show. He then did skits and wrote some of their newsletters. He told me that he was a Rush fan. I'm sure he's in an uncomfortable position.
    You shut your filthy mouth, Rush is amazing.