Thread: A DU Lament...

1. #1 A DU Lament... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Poor, poor, William. It's all about ME!!!! And...I'm ANGRY!!!!

Wed Feb 6, 2013, 01:19 AM
    WilliamPitt

A DU Lament...

Last edited Wed Feb 6, 2013, 01:45 AM USA/ET - Edit history (5)
    "Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman

You may have noticed an edge of irritability, or even outright hostility, in some recent posts of mine. This is the product of a compounding of issues that all boil down, for me, to a simple and unfortunate truth: I am incapable of functioning without at least a fragment of joy in my life, and that apparently stands me at odds with a great many people whom I would otherwise call allies.

Far too many of those who populate this and other forums seem to function in an absolute void of joy. There is nothing that cannot be torn down, knocked over, insulted, denigrated, criticized, or pruned of even a single molecule of goodness or pleasure. Everything must come with its pound of flesh duly taken, weighed, and judged.

For a very, very long time, I was very, very angry every moment of every day. I am still angry for large swaths of the calendar, but have managed to carve out a small space where I can simply enjoy something without calling down the fires of Hell and damnation. This is a world where it is virtually impossible to avoid being a hypocrite...a fact I wish to underscore to the Most High And Righteous among us, who ply their woe on computers made from components dug from mines in African war zones, which are then shipped upon disposal to Chinese landfills and burned, creating toxic smoke and water pollution that cause horrific birth defects in the children who live nearby.(Yes Will, your happy place, it's called the bottom of a bottle...)

This is fact, so ye purists among us, heal thyself.

I saw and enjoyed the Paul Harvey "Farmer" ad during the Super Bowl. Is it contradictory to enjoy an ad about farming in a world run by Monsanto? Sure, but I am going to do it anyway, because I will have a small space in my life for simple joy no matter how much it rankles your sense of nobility. I will be contradictory, because I am vast, and contain multitudes...and I strongly suggest you figure out a way to do the same, or you will wind up with an ulcer the size of a car battery, muttering to yourself in a corner and utterly useless to the world you seek to save.

As always, if my demand to find some joy in my daily life puts your nobility in peril, feel free to deploy the Ignore function at your pleasure. Otherwise, know this: I will not be judged by those who make judgment their sole purpose for existing. It is, above all else, bottomlessly boring, and serves nothing other than the ego of the self-appointed judge.

Have a nice day.

He was probably shitfaced when he put this up, note time and # of edits...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkard
    I saw and enjoyed the Paul Harvey "Farmer" ad during the Super Bowl. Is it contradictory to enjoy an ad about farming in a world run by Monsanto?
    Jesus Christ, Will! You live in fucking BOSTON! You know shit about farming. You once saw some farmland outside of downtown Birmingham once when you were eight years old and your father drove out in the country one day. Other than that, you know absolutely nothing about farming and really need to shut up about it.

I think it's dandy that you, like most of the rest of America, liked the commercial and thought it was good. There's no need to go all Obama on everyone and try to put out your farming creds in the process.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Watch out Adam...he's ANGRY!!!!!

Happy Hour started early today I see.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

As has been pointed out here many times by me and others: A DUmmie's natural state is misery. If they're not miserable then they're miserable about not being miserable.

Will needs some anger management counseling if he's angry all the time.

Or some meds to replace the booze. Either Seroquel or something stronger, like Haliperidol. 5 mg of Haliperidol twice a day, with the necessary dosage of Cogentin (to prevent that mung from gathering around the mouth, a nasty side effect of Haliperidol).

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Will needs some anger management counseling if he's angry all the time.

Or some meds to replace the booze. Either Seroquel or something stronger, like Haliperidol. 5 mg of Haliperidol twice a day, with the necessary dosage of Cogentin (to prevent that mung from gathering around the mouth, a nasty side effect of Haliperidol).

Yeah, especially with a kid due soon, he better get under control. Whenever Will puts a pic up on DU it's always with him
    looking to be the tough guy. I feel sorry for the kid, imagine having Pitt as your dad. It could be worse though, the Dad
    could be Octafish. Then the kid would have to listen to bedtime stories featuring the BFEE!!!!