Hybrid View

1. #1 Liberal Think Tank: Working Less Could Slow Global Warming 
    by Tony Lee 6 Feb 2013, 6:35 AM PDT
    A liberal Washington, D.C. think tank released a study that claims global warming can be slowed if people worked less.

The liberal Center for Economic Policy and Research suggests a worldwide switch to a "more European work schedule, which includes working fewer hours and more vacation time." The Center's study claims a more European schedule "could prevent as much as half of the expected global temperature rise by 2100." The study claims the less people work, the less carbon gets emitted.

"The relationship between [shorter work and lower emissions] is complex and clearly understood, but it is understandable that lowering levels of consumption, holding everything else constant, would reduce greenhouse gas emissions," David Rosnick, the author of the study, wrote.

According to US News & World Report, Rosnick "says that as developing countries' economies grow, they have two choices—they can have a 'European' work schedule, or an 'American' schedule of little vacation and 40-hour work weeks."

"There's a lot of controversy—should the developing world follow an American or European model?," he says. "If the world were to follow a more European model of work, we would expect fewer hours, less output, and lower emissions of greenhouse gases."

Rosnick says with a 10-hour reduction in hours worked beginning in 2013, a "1.3 degree Celsius temperature increase" can be prevented.
    Read More>http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...Global-Warming

Now I am starting to understand the brilliance that is Obama.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Then if everyone stops working that should put an end to global warming.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis