Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    What NBC did to Zimmerman is 100 times worse because in the Rathergate thing, no matter what, Bush wasn't going to lose. However, what NBC did to Zimmerman is affecting his life to the degree that he could have been murdered in his own right. As it stands right now what they did and the backlash from the race pimps influenced the DA to press charges instead of him getting off on the stand your ground law. If he is acquitted, he will be a marked man all thanks to NBC.
    Bush's life wasn't on the line and had the resources to fight back.

I'm still not saying Zimmerman is completely innocent, but I hate seeing people convicted by the media before they get their day in court. I also think that Zimmerman feels remorse for the death of Trayvon, whatever level of criminal responsibility he has or does not have, and don't think he deserves to die at the hands of an angry mob, whether he committed a crime or not. NBC inflamed a bad situation at the least, and tried to manipulate the justice system at the most.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Bush's life wasn't on the line and had the resources to fight back.
    The presidency of the United States was on the line, and Bush's resources weren't what turned the tide, the bloggers who examined the document and proved fraud were. That being said, Zimmerman is a private citizen who is being tried by the media.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm still not saying Zimmerman is completely innocent, but I hate seeing people convicted by the media before they get their day in court. I also think that Zimmerman feels remorse for the death of Trayvon, whatever level of criminal responsibility he has or does not have, and don't think he deserves to die at the hands of an angry mob, whether he committed a crime or not. NBC inflamed a bad situation at the least, and tried to manipulate the justice system at the most.
    NBC has repeatedly manipulated raw footage/audio in order to manufacture or slant news in order to help their chosen candidates win elections. In the last year alone, they were caught fabricating incidents five times:

1. During last year's presidential election, Andrea Mitchell was caught manufacturing a Romney gaffe where none existed.
    2. During last year's GOP primary, Ed Schultz edited video of Texas Governor Rick Perry to make him look racist.
    3. In April of last year, the "Today Show" was caught editing audio of a 9-1-1 call to make George Zimmerman look racist.
    4. In August of 2009, Contessa Brewer sliced and diced a photograph so it wouldn't look like a black man attended a Tea Party carrying a firearm.
    5. Just this week, NBC News maliciously edited video of a town council meeting to make it look as though Second Amendment civil rights activists heckled a parent who lost his son in Newtown.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...News-President
    This constitutes a pattern of fraud and abuse of the public trust.

Having said that, I think that the best solution where libel is proven is that the offending publication/outlet must publish a full retraction in the same venue, with the same emphasis, as the original lie. That way, a newspaper can't slander someone on page 1 above the fold, and print a retraction in the classifieds. If network slanders someone in primetime, then it should eat crow in in the same time slot, and repeat the retraction as often as the original allegation was repeated.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

NBC and it's assorted arms have turned into a full on propaganda machine of the Obama administration. Yes, when you start eith manufacturing the news or altering it to fit your view, it is propaganda. Funny thing is they don't hide it. They are basically the American version of AJ.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.