Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    There's a very good reason (many reasons actually) why most of the nation does not live in Florida nor wants to.

We don't want you anyway.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

Reached 82o here today. Already cooled off to 68o​ since the sun went down.
    Looks like you're one of those evil gloaters, too. I used to get very upset when SR pulled that on me. But then I got my revenge in the spring, when it would be lovely resort weather in St Louis and they were sweating here in Florida.

Now I just enjoy the winters and endure the summers.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    There's a very good reason (many reasons actually) why most of the nation does not live in Florida nor wants to.

!
    Jealous?

I think I will post beach pics on my facebook status this weekend, again. Hopefully, y'all won't have too many power outages and can log on and see our powdery beaches and blue ocean. It's not the Sunshine state for nuthin'.

I think I will also complain about the sun being too warm.

Oh! and the fresh pedicure making my feet look so nice in my sandals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Jealous?

I think I will post beach pics on my facebook status this weekend, again. Hopefully, y'all won't have too many power outages and can log on and see our powdery beaches and blue ocean. It's not the Sunshine state for nuthin'.

I think I will also complain about the sun being too warm and the fresh pedicure makes my feet look nice in my sandals.
    It is too humid there, although I can't say much for OK. in that regard especially since we topped out at 120 degrees one day this summer.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Wasn't going to say this but I just *have* to ... sorry gloaters!

I lived in SW Fla for 10 years. Spent exactly one of those ten as a full time resident.

The humidity in the summer months was oppressive to say the least ... only time we were comfortable (other than when staying indoors) was when we were out on the boat going full speed and getting wind in our faces and getting soaked with spray!

Don't even mention my fear of hurricanes! The first year I was glued to the weather channel watching for the "watches" to turn into "warnings!" Mr. ABC used to laugh at me.
    I would stay up half the night worrying about them.

Then again, we lived on a barrier island, and someone had to keep track of them did they not?

Even if there was simply a tropical storm ... the sand on our beach always ended up being washed away further to the north. Good thing our house was up on 12 ft. piers!

No, I don't miss the humidity and the storms, but parts of December, January & February?

YES ... especially this year ... would have been nice to have still been there!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post

I lived in SW Fla for 10 years. Spent exactly one of those ten as a full time resident.

The humidity in the summer months was oppressive to say the least ... only time we were comfortable (other than when staying indoors) was when we were out on the boat going full speed and getting wind in our faces and getting soaked with spray!

Don't even mention my fear of hurricanes! The first year I was glued to the weather channel watching for the "watches" to turn into "warnings!" Mr. ABC used to laugh at me.

Then again, we lived on a barrier island, and someone had to keep track of them did they not?

Even if there was simply a tropical storm ... the sand on our beach always ended up being washed away further to the north. Good thing our house was up on 12 ft. piers!

No, I don't miss the humidity and the storms, but parts of December, January & February?

YES ... especially this year ... would have been nice to have still been there!

LIES I tell you!!!! Traitor!!!!

We were getting some needed rain associated with the MEGA WINTER STORM!!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

You live in Georgia, that's close enough to Florida. We won't make fun of our neighbor to the North. It's the those dastardly N'oreasters...I mean North Easterners.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    LIES I tell you!!!! Traitor!!!!

Ha! ha! ... The devil made me do it, pumpkin!

Be thankful I didn't tell the folks about the *SIZE* of the big black house-spiders!

Mercy! They used to scare the dickens out of me! Used to spray them ... my walls ... anything in a 10 ft. radius of them with my spray til they were sodden in white foam, and watch them struggle to crawl away and die somewhere.
    Poor things!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Been to Florida a couple times, wasn't impressed. My fav spot in Georgia was those little white signs that said Welcome to South Carolina.

Different strokes for different folks
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Ha! ha! ... The devil made me do it, pumpkin!

Be thankful I didn't tell the folks about the *SIZE* of the big black house-spiders!

Mercy! They used to scare the dickens out of me! Used to spray them ... my walls ... anything in a 10 ft. radius of them with my spray til they were sodden in white foam, and watch them struggle to crawl away and die somewhere.
    Poor things!
    You forgot the flying roaches almost the size of a small mouse. When we moved here, I started to take a little valance off the window area of the door leading out of the pool bath. An enormous flying roach zoomed by my head.

I learned the value of a good exterminator service in Florida. I always worried about the effects of those chemicals, but I'm more afraid of the bugs than the chems. They swear they're not harmful to humans. I guess we'll see.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"