Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1 Texas Blasts ‘Anti-American’, ‘Anti-Christian’ Curriculum 
    Senior Member Janice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    2,809


    Texas Lawmakers Blast ‘Anti-American’, ‘Anti-Christian’ Curriculum

    Texas lawmakers are putting educators on the hot seat after public school curriculum surfaced that promoted Islam and socialism while deconstructing American values and patriotism.

    School children were exposed to lessons that labeled the Boston Tea Party an act of terrorism. They were also instructed to create flags for socialist and communist countries. And they were also given in-depth lessons in the Islamic faith that included classroom readings from the Koran.

    “They are indoctrinating our children to hate America,” said Janice VanCleave, of Texas Education Patriots. “Texans are embarrassed about this.” >>>

    VanCleave told Fox News the curriculum was meant to indoctrinate children while denigrating American heroes.

    “American heroes are being vilified,” she said, recalling one particular lesson that alleged police officers found drugs in Paul Revere’s home.

    MuchMore@FoxNews

    A Bill Ayers wet dream has come to life ...
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,598
    I think a high school history teacher posing the question "If you were a Tory or British loyalist in the pre-Revolution American colonies, would you see the Boston Tea Party as a patriotic act or a terrorist act?" to be a legitimate question to generate classroom discussion. But that is putting it into a definite context and clearly asking the class to look at it from a perspective that is not usually taught. I had a similar lesson in a college history class.



    I don't think lessons in Islam have any place unless it is a class on religion, and other religions are also being studied. I would guess that some discussion of Islam or Hinduism would be relevant in Social Studies or Geography class when studying nations or regions in which those religions are practiced.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,075
    A student can't even bring a Bible into the school and they're reading from the Koran? Of course those on the left see no issue with this.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Janice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    2,809


    Ten shocking lessons a huge Texas conglomerate has foisted on public school students

    CSCOPE is the acronym-sounding name — that is not actually an acronym — for the oft-criticized, all-embracing K-12 educational curriculum that is used in 80 percent of the school districts in Texas. >>>

    Most — though not all — of the critics of CSCOPE are politically conservative. They charge that the controversial curriculum is a radical, backdoor way for progressives to circumvent both the Texas legislative process and the desires of local school boards and communities. They also charge that the creators of the curriculum operate secretly and do not make it easy for parents or even school board members to see the material. >>>

    Complaints about CSCOPE have been many, though. The most common complaints are probably that the curriculum is riddled with cultural relativism and downright leftist assumptions, particularly in social studies. Critics also say that CSCOPE coursework is short on facts and way too long on giving students opportunities to give their uninformed opinions.

    Below, The Daily Caller presents 10 of the most egregious examples of the curriculum’s inadequacies and absurdities.

    1. Islam is awesome

    In a unit of high school world history, the online material students are given is essentially a paean to the greatness of Islam and its founder, Mohammed. >>>

    The widespread and ordinary mistreatment of women in Islamic countries — particularly Arab ones — is ignored. Texas high schoolers don’t learn, for example, that Jordan and other Islamic kingdoms have laws that pardon rapists >>>

    2. Christianity is a cult

    Another portion of the materials on Islam lists several specific lessons that Muslims take from the example of Islam’s founder, such as “Be respectful of other religions.” Strangely, there does not appear to be any such lesson focused on, say, Moses or Jesus Christ.

    Instead, the materials in another world history lesson inform students that Christianity is a cult that parallels the death and resurrection in the story of Osiris, the Egyptian god of the dead. The same material takes pains to point out that early Christians were accused of incest, cannibalism and other atrocities.

    3. Communism is awesome

    >>>

    4. Hey kids! Let’s make communist flags

    “Imagine a new socialist nation is creating a flag and you have been put in charge of creating a flag,” read the instructions from an activity that directs sixth graders to design a socialist or communist flag. “Use symbolism to represent aspects of socialism/communism on your flag.” >>>

    5. The Boston Tea Party was a terrorist attack

    >>>

    6. Terrorism: what do you think?

    The broader world history lesson that calls the Boston Tea Party as an act of terrorism is entitled simply “Terrorism.” “What is it that terrorists hope to achieve?” it asks students. “What are the long term goals of terrorism?”

    There is substantial discussion concerning Guantanamo Bay. >>>

    Finally, hilariously, the lesson — which must have been initially created around 2008 — notes that “President Obama has now ordered Guantanamo to be closed within a year.” Hope and change!

    7. Christopher Columbus was an eco-warrior

    A third-grade social studies lesson removes vast swaths from Christopher Columbus’s journal entries to make it appear that the explorer was a Darwin-esque environmentalist. >>>

    8. CSCOPE writers pointlessly disparage Paul Revere

    >>>

    9. Help Ban Ki-moon and his U.N. cronies prevent a Malthusian population catastrophe

    >>>

    10. Murder and extortion were just “protest strategies” used by the Black Panthers

    A question on a CSCOPE history exam allegedly listed four groups: the NAACP, Martin Luther King’s Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC), the Congress of Racial Equality (CORE) and the Black Panthers. The exam then asks: “Which of the above used protest strategies unlike the other groups to achieve equal rights?”

    The credited answer is the Black Panthers. Members of the militant socialist organization tortured and murdered 19-year-old Alex Rackley. Nine police officers were killed in confrontations with the group. The Black Panthers also funded their activities by shaking down bar owners and petty criminals in Oakland.

    DailyCaller.com

    Lessons, assignments, even questions (and 'expected' student answers) are scripted better than a phony-made-for-TV-reality show. Could it be that 90 something % of the teachers across the country don't have a clue as to what's actually going on in education? As well as administrators and school boards? If so, they're apparently no different than the parents and members of the community at large. It would seem that 0bama has made '1984' a reality and we don't even know it - yet.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think a high school history teacher posing the question "If you were a Tory or British loyalist in the pre-Revolution American colonies, would you see the Boston Tea Party as a patriotic act or a terrorist act?" to be a legitimate question to generate classroom discussion. But that is putting it into a definite context and clearly asking the class to look at it from a perspective that is not usually taught. I had a similar lesson in a college history class.
    But we aren't talking about a college class here. A high school student being asked if the Boston Tea Party was an act of terror is being asked to pass judgment on the founders in a way that is totally inappropriate. They would never ask if Martin Luther King was a terrorist for staging protests that were in violation of the law (and no, I'm not suggesting that he was, but why is one act of civil disobedience an act of terror, and the other not?). Do the lessons point out that John Adams was so committed to the rule of law that he provided the defense for the British Soldiers accused in the Boston Massacre, pro bono, and succeeded in getting acquittals for most of the defendants? This is just part and parcel of an overall attack on the natural affections that people should have for their home.

    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't think lessons in Islam have any place unless it is a class on religion, and other religions are also being studied. I would guess that some discussion of Islam or Hinduism would be relevant in Social Studies or Geography class when studying nations or regions in which those religions are practiced.
    And, only if they provided actual facts. I guarantee that these classroom lessons don't cover the Islamic genocide in India (the Hindu Kush got its name from the millions of Hindus who died of exposure while being transported to slave markets in the Middle East after the Muslim conquests of India), the Islamic conquests and destruction of the Levant that led to the Crusades, the enslavement or slaughter of non-Muslim populations in Muslim nations, the destruction and suppression of native cultures, the systematic looting of nations and the demented morality that justifies child brides, honor killings, rape of captives, slavery and all of the other ills that Islam imposes on anyone unfortunate enough to be caught in its reach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    4. Hey kids! Let’s make communist flags

    “Imagine a new socialist nation is creating a flag and you have been put in charge of creating a flag,” read the instructions from an activity that directs sixth graders to design a socialist or communist flag. “Use symbolism to represent aspects of socialism/communism on your flag.” >>>
    That could actually be fun, if the lessons were properly made. I could cheerfully send my daughters to school with this flag:

    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post


    Ten shocking lessons a huge Texas conglomerate has foisted on public school students

    CSCOPE is the acronym-sounding name — that is not actually an acronym — for the oft-criticized, all-embracing K-12 educational curriculum that is used in 80 percent of the school districts in Texas. >>>

    Most — though not all — of the critics of CSCOPE are politically conservative. They charge that the controversial curriculum is a radical, backdoor way for progressives to circumvent both the Texas legislative process and the desires of local school boards and communities. They also charge that the creators of the curriculum operate secretly and do not make it easy for parents or even school board members to see the material. >>>

    Complaints about CSCOPE have been many, though. The most common complaints are probably that the curriculum is riddled with cultural relativism and downright leftist assumptions, particularly in social studies. Critics also say that CSCOPE coursework is short on facts and way too long on giving students opportunities to give their uninformed opinions.

    Below, The Daily Caller presents 10 of the most egregious examples of the curriculum’s inadequacies and absurdities.

    1. Islam is awesome

    In a unit of high school world history, the online material students are given is essentially a paean to the greatness of Islam and its founder, Mohammed. >>>

    The widespread and ordinary mistreatment of women in Islamic countries — particularly Arab ones — is ignored. Texas high schoolers don’t learn, for example, that Jordan and other Islamic kingdoms have laws that pardon rapists >>>

    2. Christianity is a cult

    Another portion of the materials on Islam lists several specific lessons that Muslims take from the example of Islam’s founder, such as “Be respectful of other religions.” Strangely, there does not appear to be any such lesson focused on, say, Moses or Jesus Christ.

    Instead, the materials in another world history lesson inform students that Christianity is a cult that parallels the death and resurrection in the story of Osiris, the Egyptian god of the dead. The same material takes pains to point out that early Christians were accused of incest, cannibalism and other atrocities.

    3. Communism is awesome

    >>>

    4. Hey kids! Let’s make communist flags

    “Imagine a new socialist nation is creating a flag and you have been put in charge of creating a flag,” read the instructions from an activity that directs sixth graders to design a socialist or communist flag. “Use symbolism to represent aspects of socialism/communism on your flag.” >>>

    5. The Boston Tea Party was a terrorist attack

    >>>

    6. Terrorism: what do you think?

    The broader world history lesson that calls the Boston Tea Party as an act of terrorism is entitled simply “Terrorism.” “What is it that terrorists hope to achieve?” it asks students. “What are the long term goals of terrorism?”

    There is substantial discussion concerning Guantanamo Bay. >>>

    Finally, hilariously, the lesson — which must have been initially created around 2008 — notes that “President Obama has now ordered Guantanamo to be closed within a year.” Hope and change!

    7. Christopher Columbus was an eco-warrior

    A third-grade social studies lesson removes vast swaths from Christopher Columbus’s journal entries to make it appear that the explorer was a Darwin-esque environmentalist. >>>

    8. CSCOPE writers pointlessly disparage Paul Revere

    >>>

    9. Help Ban Ki-moon and his U.N. cronies prevent a Malthusian population catastrophe

    >>>

    10. Murder and extortion were just “protest strategies” used by the Black Panthers

    A question on a CSCOPE history exam allegedly listed four groups: the NAACP, Martin Luther King’s Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC), the Congress of Racial Equality (CORE) and the Black Panthers. The exam then asks: “Which of the above used protest strategies unlike the other groups to achieve equal rights?”

    The credited answer is the Black Panthers. Members of the militant socialist organization tortured and murdered 19-year-old Alex Rackley. Nine police officers were killed in confrontations with the group. The Black Panthers also funded their activities by shaking down bar owners and petty criminals in Oakland.

    DailyCaller.com

    Lessons, assignments, even questions (and 'expected' student answers) are scripted better than a phony-made-for-TV-reality show. Could it be that 90 something % of the teachers across the country don't have a clue as to what's actually going on in education? As well as administrators and school boards? If so, they're apparently no different than the parents and members of the community at large. It would seem that 0bama has made '1984' a reality and we don't even know it - yet.

    The Black Panthers are/were scum. Eldridge Cleaver is a confessed rapist-he confessed to it in his autobiography. He stated that as a black radical, his ultimate goal was to rape white women to get even with the white man. But, so that he could perfect his rape technique before going after white women, he practiced on black women first.

    I didn't actually read Cleaver's autobiography, but Susan Brownmiller quoted from it in her classic book Against Our Wills: Men, Women and Rape.

    Bobby Seale was a thug and drug dealer.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •