Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Offensive Post!!!! Reagan wasn't that bad. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Oh brother...

Tue Feb 5, 2013, 09:05 AM
    el_bryanto

Offensive Post!!!! Reagan wasn't that bad.

Here's the game. I have said something offensive. Some of you will disagree with me. I will chastise you briefly then self delete my post so that nobody can respond or discuss my offensive statement. Because that's what you do at a discussion board - when you encounter disagreement with your assertion you run off and hide, taking your ball with you.

Yeppers - Reagan just wasn't that bad. Discuss.

Bryant

May the FORCE be with you!

Did they lock the thread, or ban him?

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post

Did they lock the thread, or ban him?

They are just nuts over there. I think this is some retarded "Protest" post to another post.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    My major objection to DU and FR (other than philosophically) is the tombstoning. For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would want to express views in an echo chamber. Whether here on CU, on the old CNS board, on DU or FR the thing I enjoy is seeing how a case is made for an opposing view. I have read countless articles which I never would have seen had posters on these boards not directed me to do so. The Vast Right Wing Conspiracy board has a library with links to the historical documents of the nation and the founding fathers. I don't think DU does that.

And yet, I have seen a lack of moderation kill a board. The CNS board got ugly, boring, and repetitive as ongoing feuds dragged every thread down. The St Pete Times as well, every thread turned into a name calling bash between a couple of regulars. I guess the Episcopalian motto holds up: all things in moderation.

The Moonbats object to the ending of the Cold War because it did not end with a Soviet victory over American Liberty.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    My major objection to DU and FR (other than philosophically) is the tombstoning. For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would want to express views in an echo chamber.
    Normal people don't, but the PR firm that runs DU does want an echo chamber. The young people (now a little older) in charge, like Skinner, Elad, etc. are being subcontracted by the PR firm to run the board. There is probably a room with a bunch of computers and the same six or seven people posting all day under many different handles, spewing out Democratic talking points. There may be other people across the country hired through one party apparatus or another to do a certain number of hours daily on DU and to watch out for any deviation from important talking points. I think Frenchie Cat fits that description: she always said she was some kind of "activist", when she wasn't posting the pictures of other people's day care kids online or writing drunken poetry. She also knew about Obama's trip to Europe during the 2008 campaign way before anyone else did, which led me to believe she had some inside-the-party info.

In the end, I think about 20 or 30 regular posters are hired guns of some sort under a number of different handles. There are a number of genuine regulars--Mike C, for example, is a real professor at Humbolt--but the genuine posters are not on all the time. Mostly, the hired guns are there to promote the talking points, sway conversations in the direction of the talking points, and get rid of people who are too far off message, even if they are true Democrats. For example, when the gays got too vocal, two years before Obama was ready to do something about DADT, many of them were tombstoned, even though they were true registered Democrats who had worked hard for the party. Or when the Hillary supporters in 2008 pointed out once too often that the "anointed one" was an empty suit, or complained too often that "regular posters" could use anti-woman filth when talking about both Hillary and Sarah Palin, these people were purged, self included. (And I who had worked for the party for so many years and had raised a lot of money for it was accused of being a right wing troll.) When Obamacare came out and good Democrats pointed out that it was a giveaway to the insurance companies and that the bill actually hurt the working poor--who would find it cheaper to pay the fine to the IRS than to scrape up the cost of the health insurance from their tiny budgets--these Democrats were purged on trumped up charges. I know of one bisexual poster who opposed Obamacare and was TSd for being "homophobic"!

What you need to understand about DU is that it is a PR project. To look "genuine", they have to allow some leeway, but when an important policy issue or election comes up, the firm's lackeys unleash "new" posters (with, mysteriously, many thousands of posts) to push the talking points all over the front page at rapid speed. Any genuine posters who disagree too vehemently are tombstoned for interfering with the PR. The lackeys, on the other hand, can post the most outrageous filth. (I'll never forget Frenchie Cat posting the picture of a rectum on a thread to insult the PUMAs. She didn't even get a wrist slap.) This means that DU is really a PR dump. Genuine Democrats who honestly want to discuss issues need not apply.

DU is also being closely watched by the Secret Service and FBI. So I hear anyhow. I think their attack on Elizabeth Edwards has a little something to do with that.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    DU is also being closely watched by the Secret Service and FBI. So I hear anyhow. I think their attack on Elizabeth Edwards has a little something to do with that.
    I imagine that the PR firm requires security clearances. Most public sector and contractor jobs in DC involve some level of security clearance these days.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by HappyMe (a host of the General Discussion forum).
    4 hours ago.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    4 hours ago.
    If it was a thread insulting Reagan and spitting on his grave, it would still be open.