Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Damn. I was going to relocate to Belize in the next couple years.
    Belize has a beautiful countryside and great shopping.....but I'll never forget walking off the cruise pier and seeing parents pimp off what looked like an 8 year old girl to anyone who approached. She was dressed like a pageant kid. She had a basket with dollar bills in front of her but from the looks of the men showcasing her, there was something more sinister going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Belize has a beautiful countryside and great shopping.....but I'll never forget walking off the cruise pier and seeing parents pimp off what looked like an 8 year old girl to anyone who approached. She was dressed like a pageant kid. She had a basket with dollar bills in front of her but from the looks of the men showcasing her, there was something more sinister going on.

Did you want to buy her and then adopt her (not that it would have been possible)? I'm sure the police in a place like that are useless in those situations, since many have probably been bribed to look the other way.

When I worked in the Wayne County suburbs in the 90s, and lived in Detroit, my car broke down and I had to ride the bus through downtown, then up Woodward to my neighborhood. When you are riding the bus and not focusing on driving, you notice things you might not otherwise see. I'll never forget the teen prostitutes-along Woodward and along Michigan AVE. It's so sad.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I doubt if they're organized enough to have much of a gun ban. A high official from Togo was at my house in St Louis for a freebie dinner. He'd never allow guns to be owned by the every day citizens of his country. He'd be afraid they'd assassinate him.

That's probably a common theme in many of those countries---keep the guns out of the hands of ordinary folk so they wouldn't turn against their petty anty dictators. I also noticed how dangerous those islands in the Caribbean are.
    I was going to repost the list. Apart from the fact that Puerto Rico is not a country, neither Thailand nor Lithuania has a ban on private ownership of firearms. The list is corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I was going to repost the list. Apart from the fact that Puerto Rico is not a country.................
    Very good. Many people don't realize that......

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    neither Thailand nor Lithuania has a ban on private ownership of firearms.
    Maybe true but who wants to wear a tie all the time.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Maybe true but who wants to wear a tie all the time.
    Only the Thais. The Lithuanians wear something else.