1. #1 North Korea carries out biggest nuclear test 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    12 February 2013 Last updated at 06:43 ET

A KCNA newsreader announced the test, saying it had "great
    explosive power"

North Korea has carried out its
    third, most powerful nuclear test despite UN warnings, and said "even stronger"
    action might follow.

It described the test as a "self-defensive measure" necessitated by the
    "continued hostility" of the US.

Its main ally, China, criticised the test, which was condemned worldwide.

LINK
    May the FORCE be with you!

I know this wasn't a missle, this was the actual nuke being tested, but I still wish we had a way to detect and shoot down their missles, or that we and the Japanese came up with a system like that together. I think the best brains in both countries working together could accomplish this.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I know this wasn't a missle, this was the actual nuke being tested, but I still wish we had a way to detect and shoot down their missles, or that we and the Japanese came up with a system like that together. I think the best brains in both countries working together could accomplish this.

You think we don't already??? I wish I felt sure FearLess Leader would use it.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    You think we don't already??? I wish I felt sure FearLess Leader would use it.
    If such a system exists, beyond the capabilities of the Patriot Missle system, it wouldn't have been much help in this situation because the test was underground.

I still want to see live on television (or taped footage) of an American or Japanese missle taking out one of the NK missles.

The test was supposedly of a much more compact weapon than their previous designs, i.e. one that could possibly be made small enough for a missile within their manufacturing capabilities to boost. Their current missile tech limits them from a direct attack on the US by ballistic missile, their extreme capability is far western Alaska, where there really isn't a worthwhile target. South Korea and Japan are a whole different story, of course.

That said, I would not put it past the crazy bastards to try to launch a missile from a freighter mid-ocean or deliver it to us by 40' steel container with no missile involved.