Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Rubio the front runner for 2016? 
    Until the GOP focuses solely on fiscal issues while leaving social issues up to the individual, there is little hope for the party IMO. As long as the GOP continues to attempt to inject itself into the people's bedrooms and wombs, they will have a hard time selling themselves as the party of personal freedom and responsibility. Keep your religion in your own church and focus on what the imminent threat to this republic is: fiscal insolvency. That is a stance every sane American can get behind.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Until the GOP focuses solely on fiscal issues while leaving social issues up to the individual, there is little hope for the party IMO. As long as the GOP continues to attempt to inject itself into the people's bedrooms and wombs, they will have a hard time selling themselves as the party of personal freedom and responsibility. Keep your religion in your own church and focus on what the imminent threat to this republic is: fiscal insolvency. That is a stance every sane American can get behind.
    What candidate has been doing that?

Or are you buying into the myth of the republican "war on women"?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    This is why you have to hand it to the Democrats. They are dog eat dog in the primaries but when it comes time for the general election, they circle the wagons and back their chosen candidate. Our side has a faction that gets their panties in a wad and stays home and sulks instead of voting.

That's what we used to say about republicans!

Social issues are a part and parcel of fiscal issues. Free healthcare anyone, Free birth control pills anyone , seemingly unemployment benefits for life.

Pretending social decay doesn't affect nonparticipants is foolish and widens the path for even more.

Granted many issues currently dealt with at a national level should rightfully be handled at the state and local level but don't kid yourself Social issues don't come without costs.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

All that would do is let the Dems define the social issues. Look beyond your hatred of religion and see why that would be a disaster.

Stay out of the bedroom? Fine. No more gay pride parades, free condoms at schools, don't bother me about paying for your pill or Plan B, defund Planned Parenthood immediately and return the legality of abortion to the states....for starters.

PS - You appear to be getting back to your ornery apeness. Congrats. :)
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    You mean like the precincts here in PA that had a 150% turnout?
    You tell me what precincts had 150% turnout in Pennsylvania and I will personally see that it is investigated, resolved or explained.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay
    I believe Jesus was wrote in. It was that, republicans staying home, and the PaulBots writing Dr. Nuts in that lost the election. Romney Proved once again, that a RHINO can not be elected.
    I don't know the figures for Republicans that stayed home but nationwide, others (ie Jesus, Dr. Nuts, any other write-ins) only accounted for 500,000 votes. That's half a million votes in the entire nation. That's 0.38% of the total votes cast. There's no way in hell those votes affected the election and it's not even close to the 1.5 million that's being tossed around as votes for Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay
    I want someone like Reagan. I also have a lot of respect and admiration for Mike Huckabee. But as for a candidate to match all I believe? I haven't found one yet. And I probably won't find one either.
    Then why are you bitching about Rubio if there is no one in the entire country that is good enough for you? Are you telling me that Rubio, Ryan, Paul, Santorum, Huntsman, Jindal, Christie, Bush, West, Cain, Bachmann, Palin, Rice or any mayor, governor, senator that you know about is not to your liking? You may as well get out of following politics. Shit is going to drive you crazy.

And Reagan expanded the size of the federal government. Probably wouldn't even pass your Conservative test today.
    Be Not Afraid.

7. #27 Rubio the front runner for 2016? 
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    All that would do is let the Dems define the social issues. Look beyond your hatred of religion and see why that would be a disaster.

Stay out of the bedroom? Fine. No more gay pride parades, free condoms at schools, don't bother me about paying for your pill or Plan B, defund Planned Parenthood immediately and return the legality of abortion to the states....for starters.

PS - You appear to be getting back to your ornery apeness. Congrats. :)

Don't get me wrong, I think social issues are important and have a place in any comprehensive political platform. Likewise, it is important for responsible citizens to counter social decay wherever it injects itself. My position is simply that Conservatives need to keep their priorities straight in that any victory in the realm of social issues is moot if meanwhile our republic collapses under the weight of our fiscal woes.

As for those who identify themselves as Independent voters, they are the fastest growing voting block within the electorate today and should be dismissed only at one's own political peril. This group of voters is growing and garnering more clout because they are made up of disaffected former Republicans, and yes, Democrats. We Independents have rejected the notion of putting party affiliation before our principles or adhering to policies that no longer have a place in today's world. I think that soon Independent voters will represent the majority of the electorate and will be the ones steering the course of our nation forward through the morass our two party system has left us with.

I, like a great many of my fellow Independent voters just don't think gay issues are worth the distraction or that the abortion issue will be solved any time soon. Meanwhile, issues that all Conservatives can agree upon lie glaring before us and demanding immediate attention if this republic is going to stand.

It's not that complicated.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

who decides who's the front runner? Some stupid poll? Because the GOP says so?

It doesn't matter right now. If you want to be technical, The front runner is whoever wins the first caucus IMO.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

I think democrats are going to lose a lot of support in the next election because obamacare will be in full effect by 2016. 2 months ago I got a memo stating all hourly employees be cut to below 30 hours and then a month ago their taxes went up. Now they have to get second jobs just to get 40 hours a week and they still wont get healthcare. If I had to get a second job as a direct result of a President's policies I dont see how they could vote for someone who supports that policy in the next election.

I didnt vote for Romney. The way I see it if Romeny wins then there is no chance to get a conservative in the white house until 2020. Atleast now in 2016 there is a chance Republicans actually nominate a good candidate.

I would like to see a Paul/ West or a Paul / Issa ticket, but it is way to early. We need to think about 2014 and get both houses in Congress.