Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Until the GOP focuses solely on fiscal issues while leaving social issues up to the individual, there is little hope for the party IMO. As long as the GOP continues to attempt to inject itself into the people's bedrooms and wombs, they will have a hard time selling themselves as the party of personal freedom and responsibility. Keep your religion in your own church and focus on what the imminent threat to this republic is: fiscal insolvency. That is a stance every sane American can get behind.
    You and me AA.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Don't get me wrong <snip>
    You didn't even address the social issues I mentioned in my post. You can't say keep your religion to yourself and stay out of the bedroom when the Left does it worse than the Right does.

What is your position on Muslim foot baths at airports? That's a religious issue. What is your position on special legislative "hate crimes" against the LGBT community? Are you against them?

If you're a fiscal conservative then you should want Planned Parenthood defunded by the Federal government. Do you? These are social issues you can't just dismiss because you think they do harm to the Republican party. They are fiscal as well. Where do you stand on them?
    Be Not Afraid.

3. #33 Rubio the front runner for 2016? 
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    You can't say keep your religion to yourself and stay out of the bedroom when the Left does it worse than the Right does.
    Actually, yes I can.

What is your position on Muslim foot baths at airports? That's a religious issue.
    I wouldn't allow it.

What is your position on special legislative "hate crimes" against the LGBT community? Are you against them?
    I don't support any law based on a word with a changeable definition. Meanwhile, I think that existing laws, that are designed to protect citizens from harm, should be enforced with extreme prejudice (pardon the pun). No one in a civil society should be subjected to physical harm for any reason apart from self-defense, regardless of their physical or mental characteristics. What about you?

If you're a fiscal conservative then you should want Planned Parenthood defunded by the Federal government. Do you? These are social issues you can't just dismiss because you think they do harm to the Republican party. They are fiscal as well. Where do you stand on them?
    Yes, I would defund Planned Parenthood because the federal government has no business managing human procreation, especially using some of the questionable tactics used by PP. Would it be in the top ten planks in the Republican platform I'd like to see? No.

We are fucking broke, my friend. We have zero money. All we have is a printing press and the waning good will of other nations. Should those nations decide the Monopoly money our treasury is churning out, at he behest of the Fed, is worth nothing or little to nothing, we are properly fucked. We happen to be very close to that scenario becoming a reality. Unless we radically change the role that the federal government plays in our lives we will not only lose our liberty under the heavy hand of tyranny, we will be a third world tyranny amidst a world of third world tyrannies.

In short, it's the economy, stupid.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Until the GOP focuses solely on fiscal issues while leaving social issues up to the individual, there is little hope for the party IMO. As long as the GOP continues to attempt to inject itself into the people's bedrooms and wombs, they will have a hard time selling themselves as the party of personal freedom and responsibility. Keep your religion in your own church and focus on what the imminent threat to this republic is: fiscal insolvency. That is a stance every sane American can get behind.
    You and I may not see eye to eye on a lot of issues but on this we are in complete agreement. Think about it. If we were sound fiscally, the rest would take care of itself. What good is a gay marriage, or any marriage for that matter, if neither partner is able to find work? And maybe a woman wouldn't opt for an abortion if she were fiscally sound and able to take care of that baby. It's elementary.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

5. #35 Rubio the front runner for 2016? 
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You and I may not see eye to eye on a lot of issues but on this we are in complete agreement. Think about it. If we were sound fiscally, the rest would take care of itself. What good is a gay marriage, or any marriage for that matter, if neither partner is able to find work? And maybe a woman wouldn't opt for an abortion if she were fiscally sound and able to take care of that baby. It's elementary.
    Ayup.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I just saw where Marco Rubio is the front runner for 2016? If he is all they have, there is no way. They need 'REAL' conservatives, not some RHINO! The Republican party is dead ... It is time for a new party.
    There is no front runner at this point and time. The front runner will be the candidate who wins the first primary. Not some stupid online poll.

You could even argue that some of the straw polls in early primary states might count, but they are usually rigged by each candidate with the best organization.

But I agree with you that there is a massive shift going on. Has been in the works since McCain won the nomination in 08'.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I wish Reagan would come back from the dead and run this country again. We need someone like him.
    A zombie president? Interesting thought...
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    WHAT HE SAID!
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    What candidate has been doing that?

Or are you buying into the myth of the republican "war on women"?
    Mourdock and Akins certainly did. Two reasons the Senate is not "R".

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    A zombie president? Interesting thought...
    I thought we had one?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg