Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    Originally Posted by PeterS

Where was this reported that this was a right-wing nut job or that violence only comes from the right? This is the only place I heard the assertion.
    That isn't what I said. In this case, the fact that this person was a leftist was excluded from the mainstream media coverage, what little there was of it. OTOH, the reports of Jared Loughner as a right-winger who was inspired by Sarah Palin were a major part of the blanket coverage. Campaign ads that he hadn't seen were cited as a cause of his rampage. Dorner, who is currently on the run, is a gun control advocate who admiringly cites Piers Morgan and the MSNBC drones, but that hasn't been widely reported. The point, which you are obscuring, is that when it's a leftist, the media ignores the uncomfortable facts and doesn't provide the same level of coverage as it does when they think that they have someone on the right in their cross-hairs.

And again, I do not see why there is a problem letting the media report what they want to report. If I do not like what one outlet provides then I will find another. I know of no law that forces anyone to listen to MSM or Conservative programming. The choice is ours and I see no reason why it shouln't be...
    No one is suggesting censoring the media. Unfortunately, it censors itself, because the elite press sees itself as an adversary of conservatives. This is why the coverage is slanted to the point where it can no longer be trusted, and that is the crux of my argument, that they have the right to print whatever they like, but that we have the right to debunk them when they manufacture counterfactual narratives in support of their agenda.

And not a means of ensuring Article 1, Section 8? I do think I have it but you seem to be still reaching for it.
    On the contrary, it is you who doesn't get it. First, understand that the primary authority behind the Constitution is not the federal government, but the people. The powers given to the federal government are those powers delegated by the people of the United States, and ratified by the states. The rights guaranteed by the Constitution are not granted to the people by a benevolent state, but are rights which predate the state, and which the state has no authority to withdraw. The delegation of national defense to the federal government does not mean that we abrogate the right of self defense, or possession of the means of self defense.

So, neither are assualt weapons with high capacity magizines.
    You really don't know what an assault weapon is, do you? The DOD definition of an assault weapon is a firearm which is capable of selective fire. What that means is that, unlike a semi-automatic weapon, in which one trigger pull results in one round fired, an assault weapon has a switch which permits both semi automatic fire and fully automatic fire (one trigger pull results in multiple rounds fired, either in a limited burst, or until the magazine is exhausted). Weapons with that capability were restricted under the National Firearms Act of 1934, which required purchase of a license from the federal government for each weapon. Since the federal government had the discretion under the act to deny the licenses, and no licenses have been issued in decades, the act effectively banned assault weapons. The weapons that you want to ban are semi-automatic rifles which have features which also appear on military assault weapons, such as pistol grips and flash suppressors, but which do not make them any more lethal than other single shot weapons. This is why the Clinton era ban failed to accomplish anything and was not renewed.

If Obama wants your ass he is more than capable of flying a drone right up it and there is nothing you can do to prevent it.
    Yes, and that is a matter of concern to anyone who has noted his classification of the legal criteria for using drones against US citizens, but it is not relevant to this discussion.

The Second Amendment is was intended to be the principle enforcement behind miloitary protion of Article 1, Scection 8. The founders never intended to have a permament free-standing army but one to be comprised of states militia. This is the reasoning behind "well regulated militia." That O doesen't understand is not my problem.
    If you wish to argue that I don't understand the laws which I cited, then by all means, provide your interpretation. Ideally, that interpretation will also quote the statutes and supporting documents, such as the Federalist Papers or the decisions of the various courts in interpreting the Second Amendment. However, if you are simply attempting to provide cover for your inability to refute the argument, then the absence of an effective response will be all the proof necessary. Your move, Petey.

You are giving me a dependent clause. It can't be addressed with out addressing the entire Second Amendment. Of course I think you know this which is why you won't you refuse to do so.
    And yet, when the entire amendment is addressed, you make a blanket claim about my alleged lack of understanding, without any supporting arguments. The discussion of the composition of the militia that I provided, along with the legal definitions, document the intent of the founders and the purpose of the clause. Feel free to provide evidence to the contrary.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Little Pete will be right with you Ody....just after he gets more talking points from his liberal handlers who are spoon feeding their arguments to him to use.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Assult weapons are no match for our military and this is largly due to conservatives insistance on having a ever more powerful military. You are the one who has rendered the second amendment meaningless not me...
    DUmbass...what do you think we fire in the military?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

The right to self-defense doen't mean there is no right to regulation else were wouldn't be talking about guns but nuclear bomb!!!
    There are currently 1600 laws on the books concerning the regulation of fire arms.

What is a new one going to fix that the others haven't?

You realize that none of the EO's that 44 signed and none of the current laws would have prevented the shootings in Newtown...or on the Va Tech Campus? It wouldn't have stopped the Aurora Colorado shooting or this lunatic running around California.

Chicago is a gun grabbers dream world. More gun laws than you can shake a stick at.

And yet in the month of January more people died there (42) than in Afghanistan (0)

So tell me exactly how taking our guns away or making it harder for law abiding citizens to purchase firearms is going to make us more safe.

Here's a little experiment for you...load a gun put it on the table...then tell it to "kill".
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

5. #105 Re: Fat Liberal Bastard Planned Mass Murder 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Little Pete will be right with you Ody....just after he gets more talking points from his liberal handlers who are spoon feeding their arguments to him to use.
    The left doesn't do debate, they do power plays. They know that the longer that it takes to force their agenda, the more time people will have to reflect on the arguments and the crisis mentality will wane. Rote repetition of talking points is meant to keep passions high and maintain the illusion of debate while they impose their will. Peter S is repeating his mantra because it's all he has and all that he thinks he needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    DUmbass...what do you think we fire in the military?
    He doesn't know what we do. He's just going through the motions.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Actually the first amendment gives me that right not the possession of a firearm.
    Actually, here on CU, the First Amendment does not apply. You are here at the whim of the owners of the board and, if they wanted to, could ban you in an instant. Their board, their rules.

It was actually a suggestion for you to STFU about the Second Ammendment to save you the embarassment of getting schooled by the more knowledgable members here. But, like all leftists who think they know more than us poor conservatives, you ignored this advice and continued on with your idiocy to the entertainment of us all. Good job.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Actually, here on CU, the First Amendment does not apply. You are here at the whim of the owners of the board and, if they wanted to, could ban you in an instant. Their board, their rules.

It was actually a suggestion for you to STFU about the Second Ammendment to save you the embarassment of getting schooled by the more knowledgable members here. But, like all leftists who think they know more than us poor conservatives, you ignored this advice and continued on with your idiocy to the entertainment of us all. Good job.
    peter is like software, an endless loop incapable of intelligent discourse, more or less a repeating text file triggered by keywords.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    peter is like software, an endless loop incapable of intelligent discourse, more or less a repeating text file triggered by keywords.
    I like pie....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    I like pie....
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

The right to self-defense doen't mean there is no right to regulation else were wouldn't be talking about guns but nuclear bomb!!!
    This is nothing but typical leftist dogma drivel. A nuclear bomb is a device used to wage war. An AR-15 can be used for home defense. As well it can be used to fight back against a tyrannical government, which is what the 2nd amendment was put in for. Why can't you get that through your thick skull?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.